Taurus Pt709 slim extended magazines?

This is a discussion on Taurus Pt709 slim extended magazines? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been hearing a lot about Taurus making extended magazines for the 709 Slim. Does anybody know where I can buy one? I've surfed all ...

Thread: Taurus Pt709 slim extended magazines?

I've been hearing a lot about Taurus making extended magazines for the 709 Slim. Does anybody know where I can buy one? I've surfed all over the net and cant find them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    I've been hearing a lot about Taurus making extended magazines for the 709 Slim. Does anybody know where I can buy one? I've surfed all over the net and cant find them anywhere.
    I have heard that Taurus was going to be making a extended mag since the day the 709 came out. When I owned one almost 2 years back I called Taurus several times to try to get a release date and their answer always changed. I wouldn't hold your breath for one to be coming any time soon.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I saw them on their website. Not sure if you can buy them from the site or not.

http://www.taurususa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=8
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I called them right after I bought mine last year and asked them, but they said they were not going to make them. I gave them a hard time about it, and I think everyone else that wants the extended magazines should do that to...

Thanks for the info, I've been looking for one for my wifes taurus but cant find one anywhre.I Think I'll give Taurus a call and see what they say.

The link I provided above is page 8 in their 2011 new products catalog: an extended magazine with their G2 (generation 2) PT709. I haven't seen any G2s in the store yet nor have I seen it listed as a separate accessory available yet. Taurus should be able to give some information if you reference this page in this catalog. I haven't tried calling them yet, but it seems that it is actually a production item at this point.
    Attached Images

Hmm, I haven't heard about the G2 until now. They do show the extended mag, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will make them or that they will fit a 709 G1 since they also showed pics of the original gun with extended magazine.

I think everything they have right now is on a slow boat from Brazil!! I asked about getting another mag for the 740 and they couldn't give me a date.

I called them today and they said that neither the magazine nor the G2 is available yet and there was no release date. The G2 had some minor updates, such as being a little beefier, differen sights etc. The extended magazines should work with the G1.

Why do they even bother to put stuff in their new stuff catalog until the stuff is actually available....why don't they call it their "new stuff you'd like to have but can't get yet" catalog.

They all do this. For example, many manufacturers show their products at the Shot show, but it won't be available for a long time. If the Shot show doesn't show a lot of interest, the product may never hit the stores. It's pretty annoying I have to say... Maybe they should put it in the 2012 catalog.

Sponsored Links