Want to gather a little info about Glock 23... - Page 2

Want to gather a little info about Glock 23...

This is a discussion on Want to gather a little info about Glock 23... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by deafdave3 That's the deal-sealer right there!!! Thanks, Mr. White. How much did it cost, if you don't mind my asking? Brand new ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    That's the deal-sealer right there!!! Thanks, Mr. White. How much did it cost, if you don't mind my asking?
    Brand new I got it for 500 with NS. But I didnt have LE connection like I do now. I can get one with NS OTD for 455. If you join GSSF you can get one new without NS for 398.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I have had my G23 about 20 years.....gotta love em!!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I bought my G23, Gen 2, from a former cop and there have been thousands of rounds through it. It is still as accurate as ever. If I could have only one gun, it would be the 23. You can't go wrong with this gun.

I just sold my G23 w/ Ameriglo night sights for $475. Bought it new for $489 two years ago.
    "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I'm looking for folk's input on a couple of issues with the Glock 23. I would like to add a used one to my collection. However, I'm concerned about accuracy of a used .40. Do you think a well used Glock 23 would still maintain its impressive accuracy? How well-used? What is a good price for your opinion of a used G23? Any opinion of a used G23 is appreciated.

Yes, it would be a carry gun, but for more casual/outside days due to my heavy sweating.
    First and foremost I would not say it's accuracy is impressive, it's built to be combat accurate and it does that role well. I would also agree that I have shot thousands of rounds through my Glocks and never noticed any difference in accuracy or any fall off. They just keep chuggin. Two things that I would be concerned would be if you ever wanted to put a tactical light on it, as there are many known issues with a G23 and lights. The only other thing of concern would be that they are susceptible to limp wrist issues. If those to things are a non factor, you will have a great pistol for years to come.

I would look at an M&P40 as I personally shot thousands of rounds with a tac light on and have limp wrist tested it many times.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links