Nightsights for glock

This is a discussion on Nightsights for glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HK Dan Why don't you buy a good flashlight first? Night sights are fine, and they're really an important addition on a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightsights for glock

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Why don't you buy a good flashlight first?

Night sights are fine, and they're really an important addition on a GLOCK, not because they glow in the dark but because they replace those chinsy plastic sights that GLOCKs come with. Remember, if it's too dark to see your sights it's too dark to ID your target. If it's light enough to ID your target, you don't need night sights.

A good flashlight will do exactly what you want AND let you ID the target. That's where I'd start. If you absolutely must havenight sights, then Trijis, Meps, or any are about as good as another. I'm a real believer in Scott Warren's sights. I trained with him a couple of years back and he explained the rationale he used designing them; it's solid, they're rugged, and they really do add functionality to your GLOCK. I add the non-night sight version to every GLOCK I buy.

Dan
    I somewhat disagree...someone coming in my back door or window at night doesn't really need to be 'technically' ID'd...my night sights will be all I need to cancel the threat.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Not to hijack the thread but are there any companies that sell the Trijicon night sights and also install them? I'd rather just ship my slide to them and get it all taken care of.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    You can send your slide to Glock and they will furnish & install night sights. They used to charge I think it was $57 but I'm not certain about the shipping arrangement.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Why don't you buy a good flashlight first?

Night sights are fine, and they're really an important addition on a GLOCK, not because they glow in the dark but because they replace those chinsy plastic sights that GLOCKs come with. Remember, if it's too dark to see your sights it's too dark to ID your target. If it's light enough to ID your target, you don't need night sights.

A good flashlight will do exactly what you want AND let you ID the target. That's where I'd start. If you absolutely must havenight sights, then Trijis, Meps, or any are about as good as another. I'm a real believer in Scott Warren's sights. I trained with him a couple of years back and he explained the rationale he used designing them; it's solid, they're rugged, and they really do add functionality to your GLOCK. I add the non-night sight version to every GLOCK I buy.

Dan
    That is my thoughts on the whole night sight thing. Plus you should have train with your gun well enough to know were its pointed night time or not. The only time that I needed my weapon was at night, I knew were my gun was pointed and I was too busy looking at the threat to look at the sights itself.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

My brother just bought a set of Meps for his gen 4 Glock 17 for $79 + tax and the shop installed them for free. Literally took 1 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but are there any companies that sell the Trijicon night sights and also install them? I'd rather just ship my slide to them and get it all taken care of.
    Any reputable gun shop should install them for free when you buy them there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

XS night sights come with instructions and all the tools you need to install them yourself.
    They are very fast to acquire for defensive accuracy.
    There are a lot of YouTube reviews and installation videos also.

XS Sight Systems - Handgun Sights - 24/7 Express

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

the glock sights are so easy to replace you might want to look into doing it yourself. you will never have to pay anyone again to put sights in. it does take 1min like the guy above me said.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I found a pair locally at a shop for $80 installed and sighted in by laser. Im going to get them in the next week or so I think.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I found a pair locally at a shop for $80 installed and sighted in by laser. Im going to get them in the next week or so I think.
    Hey that's a pretty good deal there. Congrats. go for it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have both Meps and Trijicons on different Glocks...either will work very well
    I was looking at putting nightsights on my 27 but wasn't sure what would be the best kind to use. I have never checked out any of the brands. What's the difference in the different brands? I'd appreciate any information you all may have.

I dont know a alot about the different brands. I am getting the Meprolights.

FWIW, I am also intrested in a rail mounted flashlight for nightstand duty.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

I ended up with truglo tfo sights. So sat very happy with them.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links