Nightsights for glock

This is a discussion on Nightsights for glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a brand new g19 with factory sights. I want to add night sights to it. The local shop said I could get a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightsights for glock

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Nightsights for glock

I have a brand new g19 with factory sights. I want to add night sights to it. The local shop said I could get a set of meprolights for around $110 installed, just curious if that is a good price.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Its a little high, you can order a set of Ameriglo sights (I like the I-Dots) and use the promor code GSSF or Glocktalk and get 10% off, give them a look.
    Gen 3 G19 ~ Gen 3 G19 OD ~ Gen 3 G34 ~ PT 738 ~ M&P 9mm ~ Ruger 22/45 4" bull barrel ~ Marlin 60~ PSA M4 Carbine ~

I have both Meps and Trijicons on different Glocks...either will work very well
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thats how much I paid to get my Mepro's installed on my Glock 26. It probably is a bit high. But the problem with asking a question like that online is the difference in price according to location. And even if you can order some cheap online, do you have the ability to put them on yourself or will you go somewhere for them to be put on and how much is that gonna cost you?

I say weigh your options and see what works best for you. And congrats on the new Glock!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Check out Warren Tactical night sights. I have Warren's on 2 Glocks, they're great Home
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

GM
    Welcome to the forum
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Cool

I have Big Dot Dot the "I" on my G-19 and G-23 and your price is about right for sights and installation.

photo.jpg

Click photo to enlarge
    Last edited by Old School; March 28th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I have a brand new g19 with factory sights. I want to add night sights to it. The local shop said I could get a set of meprolights for around $110 installed, just curious if that is a good price. Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    That price is not too far off. If I remember correctly I got a set for my G17 for around $80 and had them installed by a local gunsmith for $25. As a side note though I later changed back to the original sights. For me the Meps just seemed difficult for me to acquire and get on target. The best I could say for them was that they made my gun easy to find in the dark.
    Last edited by wmhawth; March 28th, 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Grammar

Why don't you buy a good flashlight first?

Night sights are fine, and they're really an important addition on a GLOCK, not because they glow in the dark but because they replace those chinsy plastic sights that GLOCKs come with. Remember, if it's too dark to see your sights it's too dark to ID your target. If it's light enough to ID your target, you don't need night sights.

A good flashlight will do exactly what you want AND let you ID the target. That's where I'd start. If you absolutely must havenight sights, then Trijis, Meps, or any are about as good as another. I'm a real believer in Scott Warren's sights. I trained with him a couple of years back and he explained the rationale he used designing them; it's solid, they're rugged, and they really do add functionality to your GLOCK. I add the non-night sight version to every GLOCK I buy.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I have a brand new g19 with factory sights. I want to add night sights to it. The local shop said I could get a set of meprolights for around $110 installed, just curious if that is a good price.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    That's pretty close. FYI-Meprolights from Glockmeister-$74+shipping $8.50= $82.50. So the local shop is charging $27.50 for install. A little high but not bad. I had Meps added to my CZ and it cost me $20. You can do the install yourself, it is very easy. The only thing you'll need is a front sight tool which is basically just a very thin wall 3/16" hex head driver. I actually had a driver in my tool box that fit when I did my nightsight install on my G30. If you don't have a driver you'll have to either buy one or buy the tool and that brings your cost very close to the $110.

Most use of firearm situations take place in low light. I think night sights are pretty important on a defensive handgun. I have the Glock night sights on all of my Glocks. They are meprolight inserts in tennifer treated sights. They seem to be a little quicker to aquire a sight picture than the trijicons I had on previously. IMO
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I intend on buying a flashlight, maybe a weapon mounted one as well, I had thought about a light/laser combo or a CT to go with it, not sure.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    It really depends on what the gun smith charges to install them. I know some who charge $50 to install them, and I know a few that will install them for free. The sights will usually run about $75 or so. I do shoot a lot better with the Glock night sights compared to the regular Glock sights.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    It really depends on what the gun smith charges to install them. I know some who charge $50 to install them, and I know a few that will install them for free. The sights will usually run about $75 or so. I do shoot a lot better with the Glock night sights compared to the regular Glock sights.
    I talked to the gunsmith at the range and if I but them there for $110 it includes install, if I buy them elseware they want $55 to install.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Sights On my Glock are available at Brownells in Iowa ..

Brownells has a lot of sights for guns of all kinds. Mine are trueGlow Trijicon Night Sights 12 year life glows ... gives the best of day, lowlight, and dark sighting options ... $87 + $20 installed. .. but you can install yourself if you want to watch it on YOU TUBE ..

I'm Greg Knox, of HGR Firearms Instruction .. new to the forumn .... and to this site. Feel free to ask any questions, all I sell is firearms training, no products at this time.

GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links