Why!!!

This is a discussion on Why!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Truckinfavis Wow! I've have many of them. The first one was a p-239 custom in 40cal it look me while to get ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why!!!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckinfavis View Post
    Wow! I've have many of them. The first one was a p-239 custom in 40cal it look me while to get used to the trigger pull. it was longer than glock but but the follow up reset was geat. After that I had the signess i bought many custom shop guns a Sig Custom Shop 1911 Platinum Elite 2Tone, SIG SAUER P220 SAS .45 AUTO Custom Shop, SIG SAUER 1911 RCS Custom Carry .45, and aSig Sauer P229 Super-Match Custom. Very good guns. I guess just means there is just more out there for me.
    Might be a P220 Match target hit the market here pretty soon! hahaha
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

I think Sig's are pretty for modern day weapons. For me the controls are awkward, bore axis to high, and the grip is to 'chunky'.
    Old School likes this.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Sig is the one gun I have never tried or owned. I have thought about adding a 45 acp to the stable, and was thinking of the p220 over a 1911. If they are as accurate as people say, then I may very well be looking that way.

However, I do understand your issue. Everyone has that one thing that they just dont click with for no reasonable explanation. Tis life.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I seem to just not like Sig's I can't give you any one reason why they just don't seem to trip my trigger. I have owned a few and I always end up selling them for one reason or another. I recently bought a P220 match target and same thing I am thinking about selling it cuz It just doesn't do it for me. I haven't had one of there 1911's though. Should I sell the 220 and get a 1911 or just give up on sigs all together? Anyone else have this problem?
    I have a Sig P220 & P226 handgun and like them ok, but it sounds like you need to move in another direction.

Don't sweat it.

There are many quality pistols that are available now, in various platforms.

Try some out and see what fits your hand and what you shoot well.

Good luck,
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Distinguished Member
    There are so many interesting and desireable guns out there, why sweat it that you don't like one brand? I'd get rid of it if either 1) I did not love it, or 2) I never ever used it.

Now if nothing trips your trigger, then you can start to worry!! :)
    glockman10mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Sig is the one gun I have never tried or owned. I have thought about adding a 45 acp to the stable, and was thinking of the p220 over a 1911. If they are as accurate as people say, then I may very well be looking that way.

However, I do understand your issue. Everyone has that one thing that they just dont click with for no reasonable explanation. Tis life.
    Have you thought about a HK45? Custom built 1911 accuracy with HK reliability is nothing to sneeze at.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    As a devout member of the Signess I understand why you would have this problem. It took me quite awhile to understand quality.

If you had made the same post about glock, you would have a lynch mob forming.

They are fine weapons, but they've never appealed to me either. They don't feel good in my hand and they don't look good to my eye. They are quality firearms, but I prefer others. I wouldn't buy something just for the sake of having a brand. When I searched for a compact 9mm with external hammer DA/SA with de-cocker and decent capacity, I ended up with a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact. It won't win any brand wars or beauty contests, but it fit me and my needs perfectly. Well built, durable, reliable, and a good fit. I'm much more focussed on form and function meeting a specific purpose than I am the name on the side. Purpose driven purchases.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    As a devout member of the Signess I understand why you would have this problem. It took me quite awhile to understand quality.

If you had made the same post about glock, you would have a lynch mob forming.
    Glocks have never appealed to me either. There are too many firearms out there that I do like...no sense trying to make one work for me that I don't. I've shot my buddy's G23 and he tells me, "oh, you'll get used to the grip angle, and you'll get used to the trigger, etc." I'm like, "why...I'd rather buy something that fits me and my needs." Everybody has different tastes...that's why there are so many guns on the market.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    Have you thought about a HK45? Custom built 1911 accuracy with HK reliability is nothing to sneeze at.
    I have an HK in a .40 infact I have had it for YEARS and forgot I even owned it. I only keep it cuz it is special cuz of who I got it from. Yes HK's are super reliable and really accurate, but they are kinda like Sigs to me just don't fit me right. I bought the Sig and 5 mags for it to shoot comp with my buddy and while the gun is crazy accurate just doesn't fit me well. When I can out shoot the sig with a stock glock and my friend can cut holes at 20 yards with it I can't justify the $1000 I spent on a gun that don't out shoot some of my others that are half that price. I know that it's me and not the gun though.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

You probably don't like Sig's for the same reason I have never cared for Glocks. They have just never felt right for me.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

VIP Member
    No one gun manufacturer is going to satisfy everyone, just like no one car maker can satisfy the entire market. Go with whatever works for you.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I have an HK in a .40 infact I have had it for YEARS and forgot I even owned it. I only keep it cuz it is special cuz of who I got it from. Yes HK's are super reliable and really accurate, but they are kinda like Sigs to me just don't fit me right. I bought the Sig and 5 mags for it to shoot comp with my buddy and while the gun is crazy accurate just doesn't fit me well. When I can out shoot the sig with a stock glock and my friend can cut holes at 20 yards with it I can't justify the $1000 I spent on a gun that don't out shoot some of my others that are half that price. I know that it's me and not the gun though.
    I'm no fan of the ergos on the USP, but the P30 and HK45 are THE most comfortable pistols I've ever picked up.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I'm not a fan at all of the SIG classic models, they just don't fit my hand at all. I do really like the SIG P250s, they fit my hand great and I like the triggers. My heart doesn't bleed black for Glocks, but they fit my hand good and I can hit what I'm aiming at with them without a problem so I don't see a reason to start over and switch to something else.

It's funny that many posts refer to the cool looks of Sigs adding to their appeal. With most things I buy functionality is pretty important. When choosing a weapon it's the only thing that matters. I've fired handguns from most manufacturers and the confidence I have with my Sigs in hand is unmatched.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links