Why!!! - Page 3

Why!!!

This is a discussion on Why!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Your definitely not by yourself, I've tried Sig's and HK's and they just don't feel right. They're both fine pistols, they just don't give me ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why!!!

  1. #31
    Member Array Top Strap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walterboro SC
    Posts
    87
    Your definitely not by yourself, I've tried Sig's and HK's and they just don't feel right. They're both fine pistols, they just don't give me the warm fuzzies.
    A firearm is like a pair of pants,they can look good and be stylish,but if it they don't fit right,you just ain't going to be comfortable.


  2. #32
    Member Array sixplus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tacoma
    Posts
    50
    I really like my Sig p220. Full size .45 and conceals well. I like a pistol with a hammer. I don't like the idea of putting hundreds of dollars into a plastic gun.

  3. #33
    Member Array Lateck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southwest Arizona
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    No one gun manufacturer is going to satisfy everyone, just like no one car maker can satisfy the entire market. Go with whatever works for you.
    I'll agree 100%.... That is why I own more then one brand of guns.
    There are many guns out there that I can not feel comfortable with in my hands BUT that is me.
    I for one (and I see I'm not alone) love SIG's for the most part and I am a real fan of the new Ruger's (SR/LC lines but not the P series ).

    Like 21bubba said if you had posted this about Glock we would be on page 345... by now and you'd have been Tarred & Feathered
    At least the SIG crowd is more understanding......

    Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

  4. #34
    Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,759
    If it doesn't work for you get rid of it. I don't think there are many one size fits all guns out there! Well....other than the 1911
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

  5. #35
    Member Array Lyndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    244
    There is no gun that is going to fit 100% of people. I understand what you are saying completely. I like SIGs but I sold my 220 because it was too big for me to conceal, within the next couple of weeks I will pick up a 229. It is sort of like HK, the reliability is not in question they just dont fit some people.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

  6. #36
    Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ORYGUN
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I seem to just not like Sig's I can't give you any one reason why they just don't seem to trip my trigger. I have owned a few and I always end up selling them for one reason or another. I recently bought a P220 match target and same thing I am thinking about selling it cuz It just doesn't do it for me. I haven't had one of there 1911's though. Should I sell the 220 and get a 1911 or just give up on sigs all together? Anyone else have this problem?

    So you say that you have bought a number of SIGS before, and been unhappy with them and got rid of all of them, but then you went out and purchased yet another one of their most expensive models? That makes no sense at all.

    And now you say that you are unhappy with this 220 Match Target too. Yet, you are unable to compose one single actual complaint to make about the gun? That seems awfully odd and unusual too. Generally when someone is unhappy with a gun, they are able to articulate their thoughts and explain specifically why they are displeased with the handgun.

    Let's see a photo of this 220 Target that you are so extremely unhappy with.

    .

  7. #37
    VIP Member Array maclean3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,085
    I think the 229 fits my hand about as well as any gun I've ever held. The only problem I have is, being a long time 1911 shooter and carrier, Sig for some unknown reason has reversed the position of the fire controls (decocker/slide release) from the 1911. Every time I've ever held one, when I reached for the slide release, I've hit the decocker or reached for the decocker and hit the slide release.

    I respect Sigs for the fine guns they are but I'll never own one. Hitting the wrong controls while calmly handling a pistol in the gunshop makes me cringe when I think of what could happen in a bad situation. I could train myself around it but that could risk my 1911 skills - not gonna happen.
    Jack

  8. #38
    Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vandergrift PA
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    So you say that you have bought a number of SIGS before, and been unhappy with them and got rid of all of them, but then you went out and purchased yet another one of their most expensive models? That makes no sense at all.

    And now you say that you are unhappy with this 220 Match Target too. Yet, you are unable to compose one single actual complaint to make about the gun? That seems awfully odd and unusual too. Generally when someone is unhappy with a gun, they are able to articulate their thoughts and explain specifically why they are displeased with the handgun.

    Let's see a photo of this 220 Target that you are so extremely unhappy with.

    .
    Wow i just got called out! Well to break down and get very particular about what I don't like I guess the grip feel just isn't for me even after I swapped the stock ones for a set of houge grips. Also I don't like the tigger pull I can't pinpoint exactaly why but it just isn't as clean of a feel as I like for target. I don't like the decocker system at all but I was willing to over look that because this gun was highly recomended. I have owned a couple others and I just tried this cuz it was the "best"

    Pics
    Attached Images
    Fastball, azchevy and TomInJax like this.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

  9. #39
    Member Array Fastball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    York County, PA
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I think the 229 fits my hand about as well as any gun I've ever held. The only problem I have is, being a long time 1911 shooter and carrier, Sig for some unknown reason has reversed the position of the fire controls (decocker/slide release) from the 1911. Every time I've ever held one, when I reached for the slide release, I've hit the decocker or reached for the decocker and hit the slide release.
    You make a great point!

    I have done this many a times as well, being a longtime 1911 guy. It has taken some practice, but I do well with the decocker, but sometimes I do screw up when I reload and want to send the slide home. Ooops!


    BTW, that 2 tone Sig, (that is unwanted), looks really sweet!!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

  10. #40
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Wow i just got called out! Well to break down and get very particular about what I don't like I guess the grip feel just isn't for me even after I swapped the stock ones for a set of houge grips. Also I don't like the tigger pull I can't pinpoint exactaly why but it just isn't as clean of a feel as I like for target. I don't like the decocker system at all but I was willing to over look that because this gun was highly recomended. I have owned a couple others and I just tried this cuz it was the "best"

    Pics

    I think you go through more weapons than I do, no wait, I know you do.! I have dumped a few sigs in my day as well.


  11. #41
    Member
    Array poppy37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    292
    I have a Sig,its picky about the ammo and I agree with the others about the ergonomics of it,but I'm gonna keep it.

  12. #42
    Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vandergrift PA
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I think you go through more weapons than I do, no wait, I know you do.! I have dumped a few sigs in my day as well.

    I need AA for guns! I can't stop buying selling and buying again. I only have a select few guns that I wont sell.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

  13. #43
    VIP Member Array maclean3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,085
    Don't feel bad, I've bought and traded my share of guns too. Most I've bought because I was curious and none of my local ranges had them for rent. The ones I don't care for usually get traded back to the same dealer on something different. My next 1911 will be a custom build but I'm in no hurry there. I seem to be in a j-frame state of mind lately. Just picked up my second one last week, haven't even fired it yet and I'm already thinking about a 3" model 60.
    Jack

  14. #44
    Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Arid Zone A
    Posts
    1,563
    I understand that some guns don't fit some people. I can't shoot Glocks because of the grip and the trigger. On the other hand, all Sig classic models fit my hand to a "T", even though I have small hands. I'm still trying to work up to buying a P210.

  15. #45
    Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quantico/ F'burg, VA
    Posts
    1,408
    Sigs and Glocks, two excellent firearms that just don't make my heart go "pitty-pat" either. I wish they did, but they don't. I've tried. No rhyme or reason... it just is. The exception has been the odd man of the Sig line, the small P230/232. It works for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

custom p250 sig

,

nc gun stores that carry sig sauer p220 match elite in stock

,

p220 super match vs. 1911

,

sig rcs 2tone

,

sig sauer p229 platinum elite for sale michigan

Click on a term to search for related topics.