Why!!! - Page 4

Why!!!

This is a discussion on Why!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If it doesn't work for you, offload it. Like others have said, no use in keeping a firearm that will be little more than a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why!!!

If it doesn't work for you, offload it. Like others have said, no use in keeping a firearm that will be little more than a paperweight to you. Sell it, get something you love.

For me personally, I've only fired revolver, Glock, and Sig. The Sig for me felt the most confortable.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

You should sell your Sig and get what is right for you. I on the other hand like Sigs very much.I like their triggers and the way they shoot. But one gun is not going to be right for everyone. Just sell the Sig and get yourself a couple more Glocks.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    We all have uniquely-proportioned hands, as different as our fingerprints. The SIG P226/P228/P229 grip fits my hands very well. These double-stack SIGs don't work for me, though, unless the trigger is either the "short" factory trigger, or a custom-contoured trigger like the one sold by TJ Customs, with TJ's trigger being the best for me, by far. The factory "fat" trigger is an ergonomic nightmare for me, but fits some well.

The P220, OTOH, does not fit me, at least not the ones with the current push-button mag release. The older ones with the heel-clip magazines have completely different grip frames, and fit me quite well.

The SIG 1911 pistols are not looked upon favorably by 1911 folks, and are overpriced for what you get. If you want a 1911, get another brand.

A SIG is really just a tool. If your Stanley framing hammer does not fit you, try another brand. Same with guns.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I think Sigs are great firearms, but I don't like them and I don't see a reason why I would own one. If you think so too, then sell it and get something you like better and enjoy shooting it more often. Have you tried Heckler & Koch or Walther pistols?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    I have very "long" hands, but they aren't "meaty," and classic Sigs fit me better than any other pistol I've tried. The "fat" grips fill my hands, and my long fingers fall perfectly on the trigger and controls. After 10 years with my P228 (with the occasional G19 on the side), I couldn't imagine another pistol feeling more natural... Just goes to show, right?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I am gonna sell it. It is all about feel in the end no sense in fight the pistol time to trade for another.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links