Why!!!

Why!!!

This is a discussion on Why!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I seem to just not like Sig's I can't give you any one reason why they just don't seem to trip my trigger. I have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why!!!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Why!!!

I seem to just not like Sig's I can't give you any one reason why they just don't seem to trip my trigger. I have owned a few and I always end up selling them for one reason or another. I recently bought a P220 match target and same thing I am thinking about selling it cuz It just doesn't do it for me. I haven't had one of there 1911's though. Should I sell the 220 and get a 1911 or just give up on sigs all together? Anyone else have this problem?
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

The only one I like is the P226. I do not like any others.

at least I am not alone.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    I don't like them. I would give up on them all together.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Several years back my department went with the SIG 226 as a duty weapon. Because of the location of the slide release and the decocking lever I never could get comfortable with the weapon though it was very well made. After a few years the department went to Glocks and I have never looked back. There are those who sware by their Sig's and that's great, they are just not for me.
    maclean3 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    You are not alone. I came out the closet on this a while back and took my lumps. To me they are overpriced for what they are.

I have a P226. Part of me likes it. Part of me hates it. I don't like the trigger. I have to reach a bit to hit some of the controls.

One the other hand it has been reliable. It was also the first gun I bought, so that earned it some points.

Can't bring myself to sell it, but can't bring myself to shoot it.

It sits in the safe and I take the M&P to the range.

I admit, I don't care for the look of them. And they seem awefully high priced. I'm not knocking their rep for being top quality.

I have to agree with most of the above posts. I have had several Sig's including their 1911. The only Sig I have left is the P229 is 357 Sig. This is the most comfortable 357 Sig that I have shot. Like the caliber but not necessarily the gun. I still fall back to the tried and true 1911 45 ACP design.

12 Gauge
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Some will like them, some will not. Just like cookies.

If you don't like the 220, sell it. There is no use in wasting time with a gun you don't like. And as much as I like Sig myself, I would not spend my money on one of their 1911's. Better can be had for cheaper.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Some will like them, some will not. Just like cookies.

If you don't like the 220, sell it. There is no use in wasting time with a gun you don't like. And as much as I like Sig myself, I would not spend my money on one of their 1911's. Better can be had for cheaper.
    Your right I should sell it. I think I have been holding it just for the sake of "having a SIG" probably time to get rid of it.

I cannot stand the ergos on sigs. The fatness of the grip makes it hard to get my thumbs as high as I like, and even then the slide release is right where my right thumb wants to rest. Add in that the majority of models have either DA/SA decocker (something I don't prefer) or DAK (what a horrible trigger) and I will never waste my money on one.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I seem to just not like Sig's I can't give you any one reason why they just don't seem to trip my trigger. I have owned a few and I always end up selling them for one reason or another. I recently bought a P220 match target and same thing I am thinking about selling it cuz It just doesn't do it for me. I haven't had one of there 1911's though. Should I sell the 220 and get a 1911 or just give up on sigs all together? Anyone else have this problem?
    Yep. Same thing here. I want to like them. I love the way they look. I love the placement of the slide stop and the decocker. But when I actually hold one, it just feels like a big chunk of metal in my hand.

We've owned a few of them over the years, and all of them were sold a after a short period.

You are not alone.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Huh, different strokes for different folks!

I personally always wanted to own a Sig since the first time I picked up a 220 many, many years ago. Came acrossed a gorgeous, CPO, 2 tone P229R in .357sig and have never looked back!! Heck, my 1911's have become range guns/safe queens.

In fact, I just sent my beloved Sig to their custom shop for the trigger enhancement package, plus the SRT upgrade. I'm jonesin' already and it's barely been 24hrs! Aurgh!!

For me the thing I want to own ,but just cannot stand is a Glock, so I can relate to what you guys are saying about the Sig.

I don't understand you guys, but I can relate.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Wow! I've have many of them. The first one was a p-239 custom in 40cal it look me while to get used to the trigger pull. it was longer than glock but but the follow up reset was geat. After that I had the signess i bought many custom shop guns a Sig Custom Shop 1911 Platinum Elite 2Tone, SIG SAUER P220 SAS .45 AUTO Custom Shop, SIG SAUER 1911 RCS Custom Carry .45, and aSig Sauer P229 Super-Match Custom. Very good guns. I guess just means there is just more out there for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links