I need a replacement for my G19 EDC.

This is a discussion on I need a replacement for my G19 EDC. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for something lighter, thinner, and shorter than my G19 to carry EDC. It has to be a semi-auto also. I was thinking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need a replacement for my G19 EDC.

I need a replacement for my G19 EDC.

I am looking for something lighter, thinner, and shorter than my G19 to carry EDC. It has to be a semi-auto also. I was thinking single stack. Preferably in 9mm only because of ammo price but over 380 and a bit more power. $600 would be the absolute highest I would pay.

I was thinking of the following:

Ruger LC9 $389 locally
    Kahr PM9 $599 locally
    Kahr CM9 $??
    Kahr CW9 $??
    Sig P290 $???

Baby Glocks are too big and I am looking for something smaller (I do not know if the above guns are smaller than the baby Glock).

2. Remove Ads

Most of the ones listed above are smaller than the g26/27. I understand the desire to go smaller, I really do. But I have found it very easy to conceal a glock or Commander size gun with a little effort.
    Not trying to talk you out of anything here, but remember, the smaller the gun in your pocket, the smaller it is in the fight.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    I don't have any experience with Kahr's, I understand they are good guns. Not on your list, but check out a Walther PPS if you haven't already.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I don't have any experience with Kahr's, I understand they are good guns. Not on your list, but check out a Walther PPS if you haven't already.
    Just checked it out. It felt nice. It was around $525. Is that about right?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Most of the ones listed above are smaller than the g26/27. I understand the desire to go smaller, I really do. But I have found it very easy to conceal a glock or Commander size gun with a little effort.
    Not trying to talk you out of anything here, but remember, the smaller the gun in your pocket, the smaller it is in the fight.
    Well I have a SA LW Champion (4") that conceals and carries better than the Glock. I too find both easy to carry. Ever since I purchased a S&W J frame, I realized that small and light is what I like. Right now the J frame goes everywhere with me. I LOVE it for EDC. Don't get me wrong, my Glock and 1911 are loved also. Just in a different way.

Kahr P9....bigger than PM9 feels great in the hand.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Kahr PM9 is what I have been carrying for the past year, either in a OWB holster or in a pocket holster.
    02PSD4ME

Of the ones on your list, I'd opt for the Ruger LC9. I bought a Taurus PT709 a couple years ago when I was in the market for a small thin 9mm and I have 1500 flawless rounds through it. It is a great niche carry gun. The LC9 is similar in size and should meet your needs nicely.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I am looking for something lighter, thinner, and shorter than my G19 to carry EDC. It has to be a semi-auto also. I was thinking single stack. Preferably in 9mm only because of ammo price but over 380 and a bit more power. $600 would be the absolute highest I would pay.

I was thinking of the following:

Ruger LC9 $389 locally
    Kahr PM9 $599 locally
    Kahr CM9 $??
    Kahr CW9 $??
    Sig P290 $???

Baby Glocks are too big and I am looking for something smaller (I do not know if the above guns are smaller than the baby Glock).
    Try thr Ruger SR9C. The gun feels awsome in the hand. Especially after holding the LC9.

VIP Member
    Just checked it out. It felt nice. It was around $525. Is that about right?
    That's cheaper than I paid for mine in '08. They shoot good too, IMHO the trigger is similar to Glock but less travel. I personally don't like the mag latch, but that's what I got.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Wow replace a glock 19 for carry! 3 options:
    1. 2 Glock 19's
    2. Glock 26
    3. Glock 36
    Seriously I think the LC9 is a pretty sweet gun as well as the SR9C. But really take a look at spending a little more money and get a Kimber solo they are AWESOME.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

(I do not know if the above guns are smaller than the baby Glock).
    http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

http://www.mouseguns.com/CompactCompare.pdf
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

I love my PM9 and my CW9.. If I were you, I'd go for a mixed breed of the two, the CM9. They are coming out now. Cost of a CW9, size of the PM9.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

My EDC is Ruger SR9c, I'm waiting to check out the CM9 for pocket and or back up. The LC9 is half way between size wise. Happy Hunting.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Administrator
    If the Kahr line up doesnt trip your trigger, check out the Sig 225 or P6. The picture on the Sig forum's front page is a fine example of a P6 in all its glory.

http://www.sigforum.com/
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have a Kahr PM9 to go along with my Glock 19. Similar takedown procedures and operation. Not to mention that it's a very slim, compact and light gun. I carry the 7 round extended magazine as a reload.
    bps3040 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links