.38 snubby question

This is a discussion on .38 snubby question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LSP972 Your last sentence described inherent accuracy. What snubbies don't have is PRACTICAL accuracy; i.e., they are difficult to shoot well. But ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: .38 snubby question

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Your last sentence described inherent accuracy.

What snubbies don't have is PRACTICAL accuracy; i.e., they are difficult to shoot well. But at bad breath range, where they are intended to be used, it doesn't matter.

Not true. Did you ever shoot a Colt Detective? Far more accurate than we will ever be.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Perfect practice produces increased accuracy. I like my crimson trace on my Smith snubbies... its fun to practice in the dark, or at least at dusk and dawn outside when the lights are low. Smoother triggers only help when staging triggers, and in a true defense situation, you wont be staging the trigger. With all my DAO revolvers, i dont stage the trigger... i pull staight through. Just my opinion. There are things you can do to smooth out triggers, and i am sure others will chime in. For me, between practice and dry firing, it has loosened up quite a bit on both my Smith 642/442. Good luck. Bunker
    I agree, I have the 642CT. From self defense distances it is plenty accurate. Its not fun to shoot a lot but the laser helps get me on target especially in low light conditions.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The learning curve is fairly steep with the J frames, but I'm one that enjoys shooting them. (With light 38sp loads )
    This is probably the most accurate statement posted in this thread. Practice, practice, practice......the key to the snubbie being used for self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    I agree, I have the 642CT. From self defense distances it is plenty accurate. Its not fun to shoot a lot but the laser helps get me on target especially in low light conditions.
    x 2 The CT grips have their detractors, but for me they are the bomb.....won't carry a snubbie without them.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    Not true. Did you ever shoot a Colt Detective? Far more accurate than we will ever be.
    True.

Yes.

That's what I said; the little guns are very accurate.

How about we say they are possessed of INTRINSIC accuracy? But shoot any "course of fire" you care to choose; once with a snubby revolver, once with a full-size service piece (revolver or semi-auto). Any clue as to which one you'll score better with?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links