I'm so weak - Page 2

I'm so weak

This is a discussion on I'm so weak within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do the same thing the last 6 handguns I bought were "the last one". I made it this far for the year but I'm ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I'm so weak

I do the same thing the last 6 handguns I bought were "the last one". I made it this far for the year but I'm thinking of heading tomorrow to the local shop and picking up a glock 19, I rented one to mess around with last week and can't stop thinking about buying it.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    You will continue to obsess about it until you have it, or find a new obsession. Which will probably cost you more, and be nowhere near as good a deal as this one. I say GO FOR IT, and be happy.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I completely understand your pain and obsession. Last year I purchased three pistols and a shotgun and I told myself that in 2011 I wouldn't buy any firearms. Well, guess what? Last week I put on layaway a Bushmaster A.R.M.S. M4 type carbine and a Walther PPS 9mm. Yes, I am weak fool as well...........like I care!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Cool

You see others have bared their souls with tails of Bushmasters and Glocks and Walthers. You are not alone in this. Now go buy the dang Kahr.

I love playing with other peoples emotions and money.

Kahr PM9 - Style # PM9093, Kahr Arms Pistols .......Go ahead click on the link, you know you want to
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Buy the gun on April 1st, then you can tell your self-control "April Fools!"
    tkruf and Old School like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Let me help you out...you never said you wouldn't buy SOMEONE ELSE a firearm this year...Just so you can get your mind off of it here's what I'll do for you; Go ahead and by the weapon, as a gift for me!

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Oops, too late. Already bought two this year. It is not wrong to cave in to manliness. And truthfully, you're not buying it for you. You're buying it for the bad guys.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I promised myself that I would demonstrate some self-discipline by not purchasing a firearm this year.
    I wish I could stop myself and and only buy one gun a year!! My wife recently accused me of joining the gun a month club????? My Name is gbball98 and I AM a gunoholic.

Sounds like you might need some Methadone
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I've told myself I'm only buying handguns I can get a really good deal on...we've got to justify it to ourselves somehow because we know there will be more.

I already bought another one this year...a single action 44 magnum at a gun show. I got it for about a third to half of what it is worth.
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have more 9's than I can count, including a G26 and PF9

If this is a true statement do not buy it. You already have one. So check the safe for the one you have and see which is in better condition, I believe that this is about being a disorganized collector not having too many 9's. If you should find that you do not have one I would urge to to purchase it, for it would be hard sought to fine another for that price in that condition.

No need to thank me; I'm just a fellow collector trying to help,
    I'll be waiting for the pic's.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

VIP Member
    Awww Nuts!!! Everybody knew I was gonna do it... It appears that I'm still not past TGS (Tiny Gun Syndrome). I barely made it until April...

I took the obligatory pics. I'm no Tkruf, so I just layed it down on the ping pong table and took a few quick pics with my cheap water-proof camera. It's no big deal - like posting a pic of Glock, but I always fuss for pics from everyone else, so here it is. My memory is also going bad - it did not have night sights (the Warthog next to it that I was also handling, did), so it wasn't such a screamin deal, but still was appealing. At the moment, I've convinced myself that this is gonna be a pocket-carry for me, and thus far it seems feasible (I'll spare you the pic of me in snug jeans - but no printing at all in a leather pocket holster).

Thank you all for supporting my bad habits
    Attached Images
    Old School likes this.

LOL... I knew you couldn't hold out. I'm sorry to hear it didn't have the night sights, but oh well. Still a sweet gun. My CW9 doesn't have night sights and I like it just fine too. Glad you got some pics up, even tho it was your cheap waterproof camera. Next time use your high dollar digital SLR and a nice back drop. LOL Congrats on the new PM9, now go have some fun with it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Cool

Well done sir. That is the first time I have ever seen a handgun photographed on a ping pong paddle. Enjoy your new toy.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Nice choice! I kinda like the ping pong paddle back drop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links