S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact

This is a discussion on S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the M&P platform is great! ergo's are really what sets it apart from some of the other guys. I had a 45C and it was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    the M&P platform is great! ergo's are really what sets it apart from some of the other guys. I had a 45C and it was great not a problem at all.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    Ok So I was the one who introduced the M&P line up to my family about 2.5 years ago when I bought My M&P40 full size... since then My dad has bought an M&P9c, My uncle has bought an M&P9c, My boss bought an M&P9 full size, and my girlfriend has bought an M&P9c...

NO MAJOR PROBLEMS with any. everyone only has good things to say about them. I have over 2600 rounds through mine alone.. reliable as any top of the line gun.

^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am the Uncle.

That said,
    I have two co-workers who have the P250, and they like it a lot.
    One has the 9mm and the .45 kit, and the other at present has only the 9mm.
    They are recent models, (not vey early), and have fired flawlessly for them.

I say shoot them both, and decide.
    I myself harbored the thought of a P250, but for what a barrel kit costs, you can dang near have ANOTHER handgun.

As evidenced here.. Sig Saur P250 Caliber X-Change Kits - Top Gun Supply

Sig Sauer P250 Full Size, CALIBER X-CHANGE KIT - .357SIG
    SKU: 1300112

This Sig Sauer factory package converts your P250 Full Size to .357SIG. Kit comes with a black Nitron slide assembly with night sights, .357SIG caliber barrel, recoil spring, guide rod, one magazine and storage/carry case. These kits come with magazines over 10RD capacity.
    Please check restricted shipping zones before ordering.

$329.95

This Item is Confirmed - IN STOCK - Ready to Ship

I would just rather spend a little more and have another gun.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    When BHO was elected president of the USA and everyone was buying handguns like tomorrow would never come, I too went looking. The ONLY thing I found was a few M&P's and that is only because they had just got them in half hour before I got to the shop, they got 8 in and four people were doing paperwork on their picks. I was able to get the M&P 9c and liked it as a carry gun, it shot well and carried well. This is not a negative towards the gun but I personally did not like the way it broke down using the little tool thing. I was spoiled by my first real handgun which was a Glock when it came to breaking one down, after that everything else bugs me.

Great gun, good price, great customer service. I personally needed the pinky extension for my short magazine, called Smith up and had one in the mail two days later free of charge.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    When BHO was elected president of the USA and everyone was buying handguns like tomorrow would never come, I too went looking. The ONLY thing I found was a few M&P's and that is only because they had just got them in half hour before I got to the shop, they got 8 in and four people were doing paperwork on their picks. I was able to get the M&P 9c and liked it as a carry gun, it shot well and carried well. This is not a negative towards the gun but I personally did not like the way it broke down using the little tool thing. I was spoiled by my first real handgun which was a Glock when it came to breaking one down, after that everything else bugs me.

Great gun, good price, great customer service. I personally needed the pinky extension for my short magazine, called Smith up and had one in the mail two days later free of charge.
    Why do you need the tool? You can pull the trigger just like a Glock and break it down the same way! LOL....... In typical M&P fashion, they have options.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Why do you need the tool? You can pull the trigger just like a Glock and break it down the same way! LOL....... In typical M&P fashion, they have options.
    I'd be lying if I said that I knew tons about firearms and knew that, I just followed the instructions in the manual.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I'd be lying if I said that I knew tons about firearms and knew that, I just followed the instructions in the manual.
    LOL now worries man! I can appreciate the honesty! The reason for the tool is that many people have complained over the years about having to pull the trigger to break down a Glock.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    LOL now worries man! I can appreciate the honesty! The reason for the tool is that many people have complained over the years about having to pull the trigger to break down a Glock.
    I too do not like pulling the trigger to break it down, but I have became use to it (owned one for four years before getting my recent one) and trained myself to double and triple check that their is not a loaded chamber before starting the process.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

While i do not currently own any of the M&P series pistols, they are on my "to acquire" list for future purchase. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    A friend of mine bought a M&P 9 and let me try it, I loved it. When I took the MRS gun shopping she settled on a M&P 9c as what she liked best. Since then my niece tried the M&P 9c and bought one to carry, both my step son and nephew bought M&P 9 full size after trying it and another friend settled on a M&P 45. Only reason I haven't gotten one for myself is I just ordered a Gemtech Halo.
    This looks like my post.... I'm seeing a trend with these M&P's awesome, reliable, and versatile guns
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Boringly reliable. Good ergonomics. Good capacity for size. Easy to conceal. Great gun!
    Hakkaa päälle!

Thanks to all for responding to my querie. I did get the M&P and look forward to firing it tomorrow.
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati
    Spec, C hawk Glock and xeero like this.

Congrats! Which model? 9c? Let us know how it goes at the range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links