S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact

S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact

This is a discussion on S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would like feedback on the above as I was leaning towards a Sig P250 SC, but changed my mind after checking with some guys who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact

S&W, M&P, 9mm,Compact

Would like feedback on the above as I was leaning towards a Sig P250 SC, but changed my mind after checking with some guys who know guns much better than I do. I like the feel if the M&P, the mag holds more and comes with an extra that lengthens the grip just enough to take 17 . Any comments would be appreciated.
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati.

I have had a M&P9c for several years I lost count at about 10,000 rounds. i very well my be my perfect edc. function has been flawless great size erconomics. Anyway i love hope you give it a try.

Thanks " neverknow "--- helpful!
    Philly boy

I have had one for 3 years maybe 2,000 rounds through it with no problems. Same goes for one of my sons, and the daughter of a friend. The feel is the reason so many have bought the M&P of any caliber. Shooting it is easy on the hands as well, not as tiring as some other makes and models.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Fantastic handgun for EDC carry in terms of size, weight, capacity, ergonomics and reliability.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    It's my everyday carry and it's boring reliable. I have not had one issue, great firearm.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I bought the wife one, which she carries daily. She has over 1000 rounds and no problems with it. Great weapon, she loves it and so do I.

I like Sig's metal-framed guns. Not too impressed with the P250. Can't beat the M&Ps for a polymer pistol -- I have three of them.
    Don't do stupid things, don't go to stupid places, don't hang out with stupid people...

While I don't have the compact version I do have an M&P 45 and 9 pro. I have thousands of rounds thru both and they have been flawless. I really like them. They are dead accurate and just a pleasure to shoot. I may look at the compact version after reading all the great feedback and my experience with my two cuurent versions.
    Good luck on your decision.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

While I've never actually fired an M&P, I've heard nothing but good things from people that have. I own several Smith & Wesson firearms and have never had a single problem with any of them. If anything does go wrong, they'll fix it free for life.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Ok So I was the one who introduced the M&P line up to my family about 2.5 years ago when I bought My M&P40 full size... since then My dad has bought an M&P9c, My uncle has bought an M&P9c, My boss bought an M&P9 full size, and my girlfriend has bought an M&P9c...

NO MAJOR PROBLEMS with any. everyone only has good things to say about them. I have over 2600 rounds through mine alone.. reliable as any top of the line gun.
    oneshot and justherenow like this.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I got one for carry to replace my Glock. Glad I did. It feels great, and shoost great. I personally like the size. Not too big or too small. I don't have experience with a 250, but I shoot the M&P a lot more than my 226.

sgb
    A friend of mine bought a M&P 9 and let me try it, I loved it. When I took the MRS gun shopping she settled on a M&P 9c as what she liked best. Since then my niece tried the M&P 9c and bought one to carry, both my step son and nephew bought M&P 9 full size after trying it and another friend settled on a M&P 45. Only reason I haven't gotten one for myself is I just ordered a Gemtech Halo.
    Spec likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Love my 9c. Reliable, fits my hand great, made in USA.

Couldn't be happier with my 9c as EDC. Got one for the wife because she liked the feel and shot it very well. I took it to the range one day, shot it, and bought another 9c on my way home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links