Traded my Glock for a Kahr - Page 3

Traded my Glock for a Kahr

This is a discussion on Traded my Glock for a Kahr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good choice. I have the cw9 & cw40. Carry the cw40 every day & love it. Never had a problem with either one and have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traded my Glock for a Kahr

Good choice.
    I have the cw9 & cw40. Carry the cw40 every day & love it. Never had a problem with either one and have probably 1500 rounds thru them both.

Also love my Glocks, the Kahrs are just so easy to carry.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Bought a CW9 for carry. Pay attention to the break-in period. Things will start to smooth out around 200 rounds. I keep my cleaned and lubed, so I haven't had feeding problems with FMJ or JHP. Nice gun.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not...." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    Glock has nothing that carries as easy as a Kahr, especially the polymer ones, IMHO.
    puzzling why Glock STILL has not come out with a slim,single stack 9mm or.40cal..what are they waiting for??

My friend did the same thing traded in his Glock 27 on a CW 40 and loves it. I traded my Glock 23 in on a Ruger SR9c and love it but id not have turned down the Kahr either...it was just a $$$ deal...the Ruger SR9c when it came out was $405 the CW9/40 was more...

I own a CW9 and have put close to 800 rounds through it in about 3 months never had one issue with it. It's my EDC gun, I can trust it to perform the job I hopefully never need it to do. As a "arms dealer" I see on a daily basis customers wanting to buy a gun to carry and the best advice I can give them is to get one that feels "right" in their hands. If the Kahr is what fits you then you made the right choice. I can say from experience that you will not be disappointed in your new acquisition.
    Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

I have a CW9. It is the only pistol I own that has NEVER malfunctioned, even with some enemic reloads! Not once!

Still can't get used to the darned trigger, as I'm used to single actions, but I can't knock it. The CW45 is a bit thicker than the CW9, but still very slim. I had a real hard time choosing between the two, but who knows, down the road, I might get the big brother too.

The only things I could ding mine on, are the fact it's hard to chamber, supposed to use the slide stop, and that is good advice, and the magazine is sometimes slightly hard to seat. But the pros far outweigh those minor things.

I hope you enjoy your new pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    puzzling why Glock STILL has not come out with a slim,single stack 9mm or.40cal..what are they waiting for??
    Now that they sold I bet they might consider it. Up until now, Glock has never strayed far from the original design, and I think it would sell more pistols for them if they would venture off the beaten path a little.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links