Taming the .40 S&W beast?

This is a discussion on Taming the .40 S&W beast? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Glock 23C. Im not sure if the compensated really helps hold down the muzzle flip but its fun to shoot at night. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Taming the .40 S&W beast?

I have the Glock 23C.
    Im not sure if the compensated really helps hold down the muzzle flip but its fun to shoot at night. I got the 23C because frankly I was concerned about the felt recoil that I had heard about. Now that I have it it really doesn't bother me at all.
    I also have the Kahr CW40. I love shooting that one to but it is definitely more snappy than the G23.
    Since I usually carry the CW40 I always try to end any range sessions with the Kahr to keep familiar with it just because it always surprises me how much more recoil it has over the Glock. Not uncontrollable or unpleasant by any means but definitely more.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

2. Remove Ads

Stick to the Nine...Placement is far more important than the small power advantage offered in the 40. Would you buy size 14 EEE shoes if you have size 10D feet? I didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    Would you buy size 14 EEE shoes if you have size 10D feet? I didn't think so.
    I'm really, REALLY, struggling here with trying to see how foot size equates to recoil management.

Help me out...

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    A truly great product that many folks overlook is the Limbsaver Pro Series Handgun Sleeve. It uses the same patented Sims recoil reduction technology that their excellent recoil pads have. Slip it on the grip of a gun, and it really takes the "bite" out of the recoil.

Give it a try. They make models that fit most handguns:

http://www.limbsaver.com/store/home.php?cat=273

My nightstand gun is a .40 S&W, and I have the Limbsaver on it. If something should ever happen in the middle of the night, this is what I will grab:

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    A truly great product that many folks overlook is the Limbsaver Pro Series Handgun Sleeve. It uses the same patented Sims recoil reduction technology that their excellent recoil pads have. Slip it on the grip of a gun, and it really takes the "bite" out of the recoil.

Give it a try. They make models that fit most handguns:

Pro Handgun Grips*::*Firearms*::*Limb Saver

My nightstand gun is a .40 S&W, and I have the Limbsaver on it. If something should ever happen in the middle of the night, this is what I will grab:

Interesting. As you, .40 is my nightstand gun. For me the issue isn't recoil but muzzle flip. Even after having it ported (not a smart move) there is still too much muzzle flip for my taste. I really need to sell it or trade it and get something in 9mm. Meanwhile, I have a wrist wrap that goes on very quickly, stiffens the wrist and hopefully will settle the flip issue--- I haven't had a chance to try it at the range so it is just theory right now, but looks good. Maybe I'll get some heavy sinkers and fasten them to the muzzle end of the receiver. That should change the flip to recoil. :_

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links