Glock 26 Range Report

Glock 26 Range Report

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ergonomics/Feel I've heard from many people the glock is too thick and shooters with smaller hands cannot operate them, for me this was not an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 26 Range Report

Glock 26 Range Report

• Ergonomics/Feel
      I've heard from many people the glock is too thick and shooters with smaller hands cannot operate them, for me this was not an issue at all. I have small hands and I could easily manipulate the slide/magazine releases without changing grip at all. I come from a 1911 background and the grip angle was a non-issue also, I could pick the glock up and point shoot or aim and hit the target where I intended.

Comparing this with my springfield xd subcompact I feel the glock is actually a bit thinner. The glock is more rounded where the xd has sharper blocky edges. I left the 10 round flush fit mag in with no pearce extensions and my pinky hanging off, no problems surprisingly comfortable to shoot.

• Fit/Finish
      It's a glock, I know everyone will start this section with that statement. The finish seems very durable and fairly scratch resistant. Fit is tight without causing any reliability issues, no rattles. I don't have to baby this one like some of my 1911's I have no regrets about throwing it inside a kydex holster and drawing a few hundred times for practice or tossing the slide on my work bench while cleaning it.

• Accuracy
      Amazing accuracy from such a small gun. Many people have stated that a "baby glock" isn't meant for any kind of distance shooting and its more of a bad breath gun, that is completely false. I would put this thing up against a full size any day, keeping groups at 25/50/75 feet was no more challenging than shooting a government 1911.

At 25 feet I did some point shooting and quick peep style shots and found I could easily throw the front sight center mass and rattle off 10 shots resulting in 10 hits within a decent 4" group. Slow fire a 1" group is easily done if you can do your part.

• Shooting Impressions
      I loved shooting this little guy, I had actually brought a few other guns and intended to just run 100 rounds through the glock to make sure it went bang than put it away and play with the .45's I'll just say I only had one gun to clean when I got home and it was the glock. Ended up putting 250 rounds of WWB 115gr FMJ through it and 25 rounds of critical defense hollowpoints by the end of the session. Everytime I would say okay I'm done I'd dip my hand back into the box and load up another magazine.

• Problems
      One single double feed within those 275 rounds with the WWB 115gr using a glock 17 mag with the last 3 rounds out of a box only loaded in the magazine. I'll admit I was intentionally limp wristing the glock 50% of the time just for the fact that it would not skip a beat so I didn't tighten up my grip but I think we can call that a mag issue seeing as I had 3 rounds loaded in a 17 round mag. The gun was absolutely filthy by this point also WWB is extremely dirty when you're talking 300 rounds in a little over an hour.

My only other issue was just something I need to get used to, the trigger. As I said before I mainly shoot 1911's so I need more practice to get used to the longer trigger pull and getting more finger on the trigger. A few times I had just the tip of my finger on the trigger and was not activating the trigger safety that easily but that's not the guns fault either. Overall highly recommended and this won't be my last glock.

Next time i'll bring my camera and get some shots of my targets and the gun, this range report was more of an afterthought I didn't think anyone wanted a review of a "boringly reliable" gun but here's my thoughts anyway for anyone considering purchasing one hope it helps.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Thanks for the great report. I am 5 ft 7 and have small hands with short cigar butt looking fingers and I love my G27. Its the most accurate auto loader I have. I can shoot a snuff can all day long. I usually kinda stage the trigger and do very well. Thanks again. Now you need a G19 with your 26.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

los
    Thanks for the informative, well written Range Report.

I [AIWB] carried a G26 for about a year. During it's tenure as my primary CCW it performed flawlessly and it devoured everything it was fed. I too was surprised with it's inherited accuracy.

Congrats on yours..!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    [LIST]
    Comparing this with my springfield xd subcompact I feel the glock is actually a bit thinner. The glock is more rounded where the xd has sharper blocky edges. I left the 10 round flush fit mag in with no pearce extensions and my pinky hanging off, no problems surprisingly comfortable to shoot.
    Glad the little fellow is working out for you. I ordered the magazine extensions as well as a slip-on Limbsaver grip. After shooting the pistol, I don't think I need either. I was expecting much more recoil and muzzle flip which was definately not the case. Sure seems to be far more acurite than I am. As pointed out in another post. I can say that pistol's rounded areas make it a breeze for me to carry in an open-top holster that rides high.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the review LoadedPipes

Sounds like you are more than happy with your new G26.

PS You may want to check into getting a Ghost connector 3.5lb rocket to shorten up the trigger pull. It's not for everyone, but I did and feel it's well worth the $25 spent.

Great report. I love mine.

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I consider the G26 one of the top five CCW guns ever. I will be picking up a gen 4 soon :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I consider the G26 one of the top five CCW guns ever. I will be picking up a gen 4 soon :)
    pick up a recoil spring while your at it.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Was at the gun show yesterday and one of the primary reasons was to see if I could pick up a G26. Seems this little guy has become the new shining star in sub compact carry guns. Not one to be seen at this show and seems not many out on the net at any of the dealers either. Eventally I'm going to find one at the right price and add it into the stable with my G36.

BTW on the trigger difference between the 1911 and the Glock. Well my experience is that now that I'm starting to master the Glock trigger my 1911 shooting has become almost lazer like these days with it's crisp trigger.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Was at the gun show yesterday and one of the primary reasons was to see if I could pick up a G26. Seems this little guy has become the new shining star in sub compact carry guns. Not one to be seen at this show and seems not many out on the net at any of the dealers either. Eventally I'm going to find one at the right price and add it into the stable with my G36.

BTW on the trigger difference between the 1911 and the Glock. Well my experience is that now that I'm starting to master the Glock trigger my 1911 shooting has become almost lazer like these days with it's crisp trigger.
    When I picked this one up it was the only 26 in the shop and the owner remarked that there seems to be a glock shortage lately every time he gets one in its snatched up immediately. I'm getting used to the trigger a bit more i'll be interested now to see what it does to my 1911 shooting.

I recently went through the motions of picking an EDC sub compact 9mm. I looked at the Glock 26, HK P2000SK, Springfield Sub Compact all in 9mm. I chose the Gen III Glock 26 over all others and have never looked back! This gun is amazing, shoots as accurate as I can shoot it, utterly reliable, ultra compact and priced right. I carry my pistol in an open top OWB Don Hume and it is very comfortable. I fired my pistol today with all six magazines including stock 10 rounders as well as factory Glock 12 rounders and several with the extenders and all functioned flawlessly! I fired a mix of ball ammo and defensive hollow points without a single hitch.
    As far as I'm concerned this is as near a perfect carry gun as you can get.
    BTW I am an avid 1911 fan and have carried many variations of it over the years but was looking for something a little more compact

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Great report. Very timely for me, as I am ready to buy one.
    I was told by the gun store people that the Gen 4s had to be returned to Glock to fix a problem with the double spring. He said certain loads could jam, that Glock is fixing them right away and they'll have them back soon. I was told also that the guarantee is only a year now. Has anyone heard anything about any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Great report. Very timely for me, as I am ready to buy one.
    I was told by the gun store people that the Gen 4s had to be returned to Glock to fix a problem with the double spring. He said certain loads could jam, that Glock is fixing them right away and they'll have them back soon. I was told also that the guarantee is only a year now. Has anyone heard anything about any of this?

The Gen4's were jamming with lighter practice loads (115gr) but that issue was with the 17/19 series I believe using the new spring system. The 26 Gen3 and Gen4 use the same double recoil spring that the 26 has always used. Glocks only have a one year warranty officially but they still offer support after that and will repair/replace with any issue on an unmodified gun as long as the problem wasn't cause by aftermarket parts or using unapproved ammunition.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. Your range report really helped me make up my mind. If they have the same recoil spring system, I'll buy the Gen3. I think I like the grip better. The G26 is going to be my smallest pistol for summer carry. I also want to trade my Sig P239 for a Glock 19 as the measurements are almost identical but with a higher capacity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links