It glows

It glows

This is a discussion on It glows within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I decided to go ahead and get a set of nightsights. I called the shop and the guy said he thought they had some ...

Thread: It glows

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

It glows

Today I decided to go ahead and get a set of nightsights. I called the shop and the guy said he thought they had some Meps so I headed over. I got there and talked to the sales manager who was working the counter since they were slammed and he said they just took the last couple sets of Meps out of inventory because a police department had called in an order for several sets (This shop is also the law enforcement supplier for the area). The only thing they had left that would fit my Glock was a couple sets of TruGlo TFO's for $120. He quoted me $20 to install them and I made the sales pitch that I drove 35 miles in order to get these Meps that they had told me over the phone an hour ago they had in stock and and now I am paying $25 more than planned, he agreed and they installed them for no cost to me in less than 10 minutes.

Honestly I wanted the TFO's anyways over the meps. I stopped by the local range and looked before going to this shop, they had the TFO's and Meps for about the same price but wanted $24.95 to install them PLUS I would be w/o my Glock for a couple days for them to do it, I think not.

DSC00249.JPGDSC00250.JPG
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Nice thinking of doing the same to my G23
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

I got big dots on my 1911 and they stand out when it gets dark,my Sig 229 has factory night sights but they were dim when I bought it used,probably around the end of the year I'll replace them.Sometimes we shoot on a dark range with a backlit target,similar to walking down an alley and only illumination is the street light at the end,it helps to be able to see your sights
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you get it done, have a Glock Armorer do it unless you can do it you yourself. The gunsmith at the shooting range I stopped at first told me it was going to take some extra work and may require some tapping to get these to work, the Glock guys at the gun shop that I had do it had to do no modifications to the gun, I did not want any modifications.

The ONLY complaint is I really wanted a yellow or orange back sight, but they were out and these were on sale so it was act now or pay full price later.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I got big dots on my 1911 and they stand out when it gets dark,my Sig 229 has factory night sights but they were dim when I bought it used,probably around the end of the year I'll replace them.Sometimes we shoot on a dark range with a backlit target,similar to walking down an alley and only illumination is the street light at the end,it helps to be able to see your sights
    Sounds like a cool range. I wish I could find one locally that did that kind of shooting.

I am planning on a weapon mounted light for night stand duty, may get one with a laser, not sure yet.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Talking

I have Two sets of TFOs coming in and being installed on Tuesday. G19 and G29
    :-)
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by 02PSD4ME View Post
    I have Two sets of TFOs coming in and being installed on Tuesday. G19 and G29
    :-)
    So far I am happy with them. I am curious how they hold up, some researching says that any gun oil gets on the vial and it can ruin the sight. I have not shot the gun yet, that is coming this week, hopefully they are not to far off on the sighting.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Everyone that I have talked to that have them really like them, I have seen a few reports online of people that dont like them, but it is few and are far out numbered buy happy folks.
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by 02PSD4ME View Post
    Everyone that I have talked to that have them really like them, I have seen a few reports online of people that dont like them, but it is few and are far out numbered buy happy folks.
    Iv been "experminting" with them AFTER REMOVING THE MAGAZINE AND ENSURING THE CHAMBER IS EMPTY in different lighting conditions inside my house. So far so good. Honestly I would rather have had a yellow or orange rear sight but I bought what was in stock and I think once I get use to them it will not matter much.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Links