Slightly crooked front sight

This is a discussion on Slightly crooked front sight within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I just went to the gunsmith to get some new Trijicon night sights installed onto my SIG P228 - he was recommended by a ...

Thread: Slightly crooked front sight

Slightly crooked front sight

So I just went to the gunsmith to get some new Trijicon night sights installed onto my SIG P228 - he was recommended by a couple of the gun shops here.When I got back, I found that the front sight was very slightly crooked, and that the rear sight seemed to me moved very slightly to the left, apparently to compensate for it. He said that he had it zeroed in to point of aim, and I haven't had a chance to shoot it, but is this something that is common?

If not, I suppose I could take it back but if it's nothing then I won't even bother. Visually, it's not that big of a deal but I want to make sure it won't affect my aiming.

I'll try to shoot it and see if it works well ASAP, but for my temporary peace of mind, does anybody have any experiences on this?

PS: I know you can't tell me if it's zeroed or not, just wondering if this is something that is common.

2. Remove Ads

My Dad had a local guy do that with his Glock's night sights. Shoots fine, but it bugs the heck out of him. lol. If you point it out to the guy, he might fix it for you.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    shoot it from the bench with sandbags or other sturdy rest to prove poa/poi before you get too worked up. If it don't work, then get worked up

He probably had to fit the sight to the dovetail, usually they're a bit over sized. That being said, he may not have made the cuts on the sight perfectly straight. Then there is the chance that the sight fit just right and was made a tad crooked. Either way, fixing it could be a major pain and may require a new front sight. If it shoots straight and the look doesn't bug the heck out of you I'd run with it.

Good news for Spidey2011's dad, the Glocks front sight is an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Strap View Post

Good news for Spidey2011's dad, the Glocks front sight is an easy fix.
    ya, but for the amount he uses it, we haven't bothered. He's got a 1911 on his nightstand and carries an Astra, so the Glock just sits on top of the gun cabinet. One of these days we'll tear it apart and give it a good cleaning and fix that sight.

I say if it shoots straight and you can live with it, let it go. If it bugs you at all, have him fix it. Sometimes people miss things and if he's a decent gunsmith he'll be happy to fix it.

Links