Look at What is Coming From CZ

This is a discussion on Look at What is Coming From CZ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Baby Pro-Tek!! This was shown at the Shot Show in January a couple of months ago, but really did not get much notice. Perhaps ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Look at What is Coming From CZ

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Look at What is Coming From CZ

The Baby Pro-Tek!!

This was shown at the Shot Show in January a couple of months ago, but really did not get much notice. Perhaps because it is so very tiny.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    It did not get very much notice at Shot Show because it is tiny and chambered in .25 Auto. If it was chambered in .380 Auto it would have received a lot more coverage.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Yes, I suppose that the .25 ACP does have a bad rap as far as being an effective man-stopper.

VIP Member
    Um.

.25 cal.
    What people need to keep in mind about effective calibers for SD, is stopping power, OR at the very least delaying power(at least put some hurt on the BG).
    This caliber, as with many others like it were created at a time in history, when men were just that, men.
    Not some steroid pumped(add any or all and mix and match the following) illegal narcotic using/prescription addicted/just lost my job/wife--
    I ain't going down or taken in alive mentality individual.
    You might as well tuck your head betwenn your legs and kiss your butt goodbye with one of these calibers.

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Um.

.25 cal.
    What people need to keep in mind about effective calibers for SD, is stopping power, OR at the very least delaying power(at least put some hurt on the BG).
    This caliber, as with many others like it were created at a time in history, when men were just that, men.
    Not some steroid pumped(add any or all and mix and match the following) illegal narcotic using/prescription addicted/just lost my job/wife--
    I ain't going down or taken in alive mentality individual.
    You might as well tuck your head betwenn your legs and kiss your butt goodbye with one of these calibers.

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
    I agree with most of this. However, we have always had men among us quick to shoot or stab, instaead of settle matters with fists. The 25 is as good today as it was back then. A get-off-me-gun, not intended for gunfights. I do not know of any man that will throw a rock at a nest of hornets and then stand there and take the stings, and I dont believe there is anyone that would take 3 or 4 quick shots to the neck and face and still want hang around.

You know, the key here is to pretend like weapons are the tools in your shed and tool box. You dont use a shovel to dig a straight hole, if you have a post hole digger, and you dont use a pair of pliars to take a bolt/nut off with if you have the right wrench or socket.
    Proper selection for given mission, tactical deployment, and correct mindset are what get you home.
    Plan B, Bark'n, RMS and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    My bad, I found the other photo.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I still have my Beretta 950 .25 from the 1970's used as a "don't look like no police gun" from my undercover narco days. I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. It rests in my golf bag now as a BUG to my sand wedge. There was an armed robbery and shooting in West Palm a few months ago on the golf course. One of the greens backed up to a not so good area and the fence had been cut allowing access to the course. Guess ya never know.Years ago a friend who was with NYPD empited his service revolver at two BG's putting one out of the action but leaving one standing and shooting. He pulled his unauthorized .25 and ended the second BG's assault. He got a citation for bravery and several days off without pay for having the .25 that saved his life.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

los
    Yep. I've never heard of anyone volunteering to take a few shots to the face or body just to document the effectiveness of a .25 caliber bullet. Not sure I ever will.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Yes, I suppose that the .25 ACP does have a bad rap as far as being an effective man-stopper.

It's not a "rap" as far as I'm concerned, it's a fact..I arrested a guy one time who during his drug dealing activities was shot in the face with one (cost of doing illegal business) and the round actually stopped in his gum line by the hardness of his tooth. He said it was a point blank shot also. No thank you, I have an issue with .380 i'd never get a 25 acp for defense. A 22lr is more effective than that bothersome round. I do however LOVE CZ and they make fabulous firearms no doubt.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

I love to look at new gun possibilities, but would never invest in one until it's been on the market for a year or two...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You know, the key here is to pretend like weapons are the tools in your shed and tool box. You dont use a shovel to dig a straight hole, if you have a post hole digger, and you dont use a pair of pliars to take a bolt/nut off with if you have the right wrench or socket.
    Proper selection for given mission, tactical deployment, and correct mindset are what get you home.
    Excellent point sir! +1
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I love CZs, and own and shoot several. However, I do not feel any urge to buy a pistol about the size and weight of a P-3AT or LCP that is chambered in 25ACP.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

los
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I love CZs, and own and shoot several. However, I do not feel any urge to buy a pistol about the size and weight of a P-3AT or LCP that is chambered in 25ACP.

That will definitely be it's Achilles' Heel.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I'd be more inclined to buy it chambered in .22 LR, not interested in 25 acp at all.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    The design and construction of the pistol is very attractive so if they could manage to come up with one of them in .380 about the same size or a just a bit smaller/lighter than the LCP, then they would have a winner in their hands. Other than that, I think this pistol would be merely a novelty item. I'd rather carry an LCP, Kel-Tec P-3AT or even a P-32 since it is roughly the same size, but with better stopping power.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links