New S&W Bodyguard .380 as of Yesterday- litte advice

This is a discussion on New S&W Bodyguard .380 as of Yesterday- litte advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So these used to have a takedown pin falling out issue. Man I can't get the takedown pin out for the life of me. Slide ...

Thread: New S&W Bodyguard .380 as of Yesterday- litte advice

So these used to have a takedown pin falling out issue. Man I can't get the takedown pin out for the life of me. Slide back, safety off, mag out, this sucker is lodged tight. I can maybe get it to the 3 o clock position but it will never make it to six.

Any advice on loosening it. I know shooting would make it better but I want to clean it first.

mrm
    I just got one of these for my wife about 3 days ago the pin was a little tough moving downward and a little tougher moving the rest of the way but it did it just fine and then you pull the pin out and release slid and then depress the trigger and the slide comes right off. It does seem like the pin pulls out just a bit and then moves the rest of the way.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Serial is EAK if thats worth knowing. Are you saying take it to 3 o clock pull it out a little and then keep going?

mrm
    I just got my wife's out and tried again, grasp the gun on the top of the slide with it open and your right hand over it allowing your thumb a good push on the pin rotate it downward and then give it a good push and it will swing all the way over, even on this one it is tough but it will rotate, it seems like the pin pulls out just a bit on its own upon the first rotation but it might be an illusion.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I finally got it open and gave it a good cleaning. Nice to be sent a very dirty gun. Hopefully this thing loosens up a bit after a couple hundred rounds. It's incredibly tightly built.

Sponsored Links