$560 for a used USP .45 a decent deal?

This is a discussion on $560 for a used USP .45 a decent deal? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a gun shop and found a used USP 45 that was priced at $560. The owner was nice enough to let me ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HotGuns

Thread: $560 for a used USP .45 a decent deal?

$560 for a used USP .45 a decent deal?

I was at a gun shop and found a used USP 45 that was priced at $560. The owner was nice enough to let me put 50 rounds through it to test it out, and it performed just fine (though the magazine spring was a little worn out).

Additionally, does anybody CCW this? I was looking at it, and while it's a bit wide, it's not that much wider than the P228 which I can CCW no problem without much if any discomfort. It's also very light which is nice.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    If its in good shape, I doubt you'll find one any cheaper.

The USP is an excellent gun.
    jwhite75 and oneshot like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The USP is a sort of forgotten gun because of HK and their new models. Still a great gun. The UTL rail is kind of jaky for the new WMLs of today but over all a great gun. I would go for it at that price.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If it only had 50 rounds through it why is the mag spring wore out. I would demand to see the round counter. LOL

I carried a H&K USP-45 F for a year. Very nice gun and not hard to carry at all. I would love to get one at that price.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinfavis View Post
    If it only had 50 rounds through it why is the mag spring wore out. I would demand to see the round counter. LOL
    OP said the owner let him put 50 rounds thru it, It could have several thousand depending on how often the Owner shot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'd say $560 is a good deal for a used .45 HK USP that in good condition like that. They are a little wider than I prefer for concealing. But if you have no problem concealing the Sig 228 I don't see you having any problem with the USP.

I have a USP compact .45 and a full size .40 and have fired my friends USP .40 compact. They all were very accurate and never malfunctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    OP said the owner let him put 50 rounds thru it, It could have several thousand depending on how often the Owner shot
    My bad mis read the post.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've seen 9mm USPs at lower prices but never a .45, so I'd say it's a deal. I've always considered the USP a duty size gun, not really meant for concealment, but if you can accomplish it, then you'll have a world class gun on your person.
    Last edited by ripley16; April 5th, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

The price is right

I bought my used USP45 shown below about 10 years ago for $550, and thought I got a good price at that time. So $575 today sounds good to me.

As for carrying the gun, it is about the same size as a Colt Commander, with a slightly wider slide. With the right holster it can certainly be carried concealed. I experimented a little with carrying it, but generally opt for something smaller. It has the advantage of giving you 12+1 rounds of .45 ammo in a perfectly reliable gun, with several options regarding mode of carry.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Administrator
    Sounds like a deal to me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Great weapon and great price!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Links