Kahr CM9 Review

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Kahr CM9 for defensive carry. I posted a review on YouTube which you can see here: Questions and comments are welcome....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kahr CM9 Review

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Kahr CM9 Review

I recently purchased a Kahr CM9 for defensive carry. I posted a review on YouTube which you can see here:

Questions and comments are welcome.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

2. Remove Ads

Hey there and welcome from a fellow Hoosier!

I have actually watched some of your other reviews (mainly the vortex sparc). I'll make sure to check this one out!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Hey there and welcome from a fellow Hoosier!

I have actually watched some of your other reviews (mainly the vortex sparc). I'll make sure to check this one out!
    Hey there! It seems there's a lot of Hoosiers around the forums, we sure do enjoy shooting it seems. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Hey there! It seems there's a lot of Hoosiers around the forums, we sure do enjoy shooting it seems. :)
    It's Indiana...Not much else to do! ;) By the way, your review was why I settled on the Sparc for my next AR optic. You did a great job on the review.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Great review. I just subscribed.

Now that I am a Kahr owner, I must say I am very impressed with their product. I'd really like to have a CM9.

OH, and by the way, even though I am from Tennessee, I currently live in Indiana as well. (But I'm not a Hoosier. What the heck is a Hoosier anyway? No one seems to be able to tell me.)
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I've never owned a Kahr but I really like the CM9 based on your video. I've wanted to buy a PM9 for a while now but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it. I think the CM9 might be a nice addition to the family.

As you can see from the video, I have several of their pistols and I've had nothing but good luck with them. They're accurate, reliable, well made and have the best triggers of any pocket gun I own. I had purchased a Ruger LC9 before the Kahr as it hit the market a few weeks earlier and after spending a couple of weeks with it I grew to dislike it more and more. Usually it's the other way around. I'll start off luke warm then grow to like something as I use it. With the LC9 I just didn't warm up to it.

I shot the Kahr CM9 and Ruger LC9 side-by-side and quickly concluded that the Ruger was getting traded. For me, it was no contest. The Kahr is a much better pistol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I've never owned a Kahr but I really like the CM9 based on your video. I've wanted to buy a PM9 for a while now but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it. I think the CM9 might be a nice addition to the family.
    I agree, I already had a $500+ .380 Kahr pistol I carried for the better part of a year. I wasn't ready to drop even more on a PM9, although I knew I would probably like it. When the CM9 hit, I was the first guy in town to have one. I can honestly say, it's the best pocket pistol I've ever owned... I think my days spent searching for the perfect summer pocket companion are over.
    GoBigOrange and gottabkiddin like this.

I enjoyed your review and thought it was well done. I wound up picking up a CM9 yesterday. I've shot the PM9 before and also own the P380, so I was pretty sure I'd like it, but the review certainly helped.

I have a question that maybe you can answer, am I correct to assume the PM9 mags will work in this gun?

Thanks,
    -Paul

Congrats on the Kahr, I'm sure you'll be as happy with yours as I have been with mine.

Yes, the PM9 mags will work in your CM9.

I have the CW9. Will the Cw9 mags fit the CM9? I am not familiar with the PM9 or it's mags.
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

Quote Originally Posted by devo6684 View Post
    I have the CW9. Will the Cw9 mags fit the CM9? I am not familiar with the PM9 or it's mags.
    - Yes, the larger mags will fit in the smaller guns.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Very good report on the new Kahr. I have been singing their praises on this site for years now and I am still singing a happy tune. Both my Kahrs a CW40 and PM9 have been flawless performers for many years. Very well made handguns and well worth the price IMO.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Very nice review. I love my CW9, so if I'm ever on the lookout for something a little more suited to outright pocket carry I'd definitely give the CM9 a look.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - Yes, the larger mags will fit in the smaller guns.
    Thanks Toker!
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links