CZ P07 Duty or XDm compact?

This is a discussion on CZ P07 Duty or XDm compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have pretty much narrowed my carry gun down to these two in 40 S&W. Any reason to pick one over the other?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have pretty much narrowed my carry gun down to these two in 40 S&W. Any reason to pick one over the other?

Buy both!!! They are both great guns. Which one fits your hands the best? I like the XD series and would probably look at the XDMC if I wanted that size gun. I am currently looking at the single stack 9's because the double stacks are too thick for how I carry.

I've shot the P07 and XDM in 9mm quite a bit in the last few months. I really like the CZ and XD was OK. Holsters are a bit limited for the P07, I could live with that... but could you
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

i haven't gotten to handle the p07 yet but i have handled a friends 75. are the profiles somewhat similar? i think i could live with the limited holsters. going for a crossbreed supertuck deluxe most likely and they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by haglersp View Post
    i haven't gotten to handle the p07 yet but i have handled a friends 75. are the profiles somewhat similar? i think i could live with the limited holsters. going for a crossbreed supertuck deluxe most likely and they have one.
    I'm not a CZ expert, but I believe the 75 and P01 are extremely close if not Identical. The P07 is 'basically' a compact version of the P01 and has a different trigger guard. I hope that makes sense.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

The CZ line is one of the best values in the handgun market. Both are probably good guns but I would tend to try the CZ. IMO
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

i just read something about magazine drop issues and failure to lock back on the P07. is that still a problem on the newer guns?

edit: im looking at the P06 now too because of the issues with the P07
    Last edited by haglersp; April 7th, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

I had the CZ p-07 but traded it in on a FNX-9. I like a thumb safety but couldn't get used to the one on the CZ. It was very mushy. When engaging or disengaging there was no felt or audible "click" like on a 1911 so I found myself looking to see if the safety was engaged. Might have just been my gun, I haven't looked at others. The FN is much better in my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I think that CZ handguns and rifles are top notch, but they seem to be having various issues with the CZ 75 P-07 Duty. There are issues with the magazine not dropping, trigger reset issues, jamming issues and the latest is that the polymer on the frame has bulged in several pistols. You can read all about it at CZForumSite. I would definitely go with the Springfield XDM Compact.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

^ this was true but it seems they have worked that all out. I have a newer P-07 duty in .40 and it's a wonderful gun. I've never owned an XD but have shot quite a few. There both fine guns but I much prefer the CZ and it's ergonomics. I would say the CZ but it's your call. I have a couple CZ pistols and they are some of my favorites.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

ok i looked into the issues with the p07 some more and i am not willing to risk them. so anything about the p06 or FNX-40? the FN is bigger which would make it harder for me to conceal. any thoughts?

I own a P-07. I had the above mentioned problems with mine also. I called them and they told me to send it in for repairs.
    I was told there were issues with the polymer mixture of the first models that came out and that was causing the buldging and the mag drop issues.
    Within a week I had a note on my door that a package from CZ was at the Fed Ex terminal. On my way to pick it up I was having thoughts about trading it in for another gun before I had anymore problems with it.
    When I opened the box, to my surprise there was a brand new P-07. I took it home and hit the firing range the next morning. I put 200 rds down range without a hicup.
    I believe all the issues have been taken care of and I have decided that I will not trade it. Its a fine weapon, just as good as a Glock,a bit heavier but just as accurate as any handgun I have ever shot.
    Get the CZ. You will not be disappointed

CZ has outstanding customer service and the mag drop and bulge issues have been resolved. I'm living proof, I own a newer p-07 and have over 1k rounds through it without any issues.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

XDm I like CZ but the XDm IMO is the way to go.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    You can buy a pistol that has had magazine drop issues, trigger reset issues and deformation of the polymer in the frame that has "already been fixed" or you can buy a pistol that is 100% American, reliable and proven as a premier concealed carry handgun. What else is there to think about?

* I don't own a Springfield or CZ.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links