Rollo Talks Sp-101 Grips - Page 3

Rollo Talks Sp-101 Grips

This is a discussion on Rollo Talks Sp-101 Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C hawk Glock Why not just buy a S&W for your next wheel gun? I probably will...the revolver case draws me in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rollo Talks Sp-101 Grips

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Why not just buy a S&W for your next wheel gun?
    I probably will...the revolver case draws me in like a magnet everytime I go to my LGS and the nickel Smith's with wood grips tug at me like nothing else. I'm thinking 6 shot 3" bbl .357 Mag. just might scratch the itch I've got.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Rollo, i would like to get a Ruger Sp101 with everything that i have read online... its driving me nuts, and with this thread, i want one even more. I carry Smith 642ct and also a smith 442. I have purchased some really nice holsters from Hays Holsters which is a sponser here. My question is, how can i justify buying another revolver? I have quite a few now, including three taurus which i carry sometimes also. Is the 357 magnum really that more impressive than my 38special + P loads? Would i enjoy shooting it more at the range? My friend Emil has his FFL, and he gets guns wholesale prices and only charges members of our gun club $25 over wholesale prices to cover his time with paperwork. He can get me a Sp101 with a crimson trace laser grip for $535 plus his $25... should i opt for the hammerless model, or get the exposed hammer? Oh my, this is nuts! How many revolvers do i need to own? Me want one.... ME WANT ONE NOW! Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Rollo, i would like to get a Ruger Sp101 with everything that i have read online... its driving me nuts, and with this thread, i want one even more. I carry Smith 642ct and also a smith 442. I have purchased some really nice holsters from Hays Holsters which is a sponser here. My question is, how can i justify buying another revolver? I have quite a few now, including three taurus which i carry sometimes also. Is the 357 magnum really that more impressive than my 38special + P loads? Would i enjoy shooting it more at the range? My friend Emil has his FFL, and he gets guns wholesale prices and only charges members of our gun club $25 over wholesale prices to cover his time with paperwork. He can get me a Sp101 with a crimson trace laser grip for $535 plus his $25... should i opt for the hammerless model, or get the exposed hammer? Oh my, this is nuts! How many revolvers do i need to own? Me want one.... ME WANT ONE NOW! Bunker
    To me there is NO doubt that the .357 (even out of a short barrel) is way beyond even the hottest .38 +p loads. Would you enjoy shooting it more? Maybe, maybe not. I think it's a more enjoyable gun to shoot then a J-frame. I personally like the exposed hammer. I have never had issue with it getting snagged and it's nice to have the option of shooting it single action.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Rollo, thanks for bringing this back to the fore-front. Very cool review for us SP101 lovers.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

They are great looking products but is there a cheaper wood grip? Good looking but $85 is a little hard for me to handle.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DKarge87 View Post
    They are great looking products but is there a cheaper wood grip? Good looking but $85 is a little hard for me to handle.
    You might puke when I tell you what I am about to pay for a custom grip from Gemini Customs.......

Distinguished Member
    I made a deal from the guy in Thailand selling grips on evilbay. Got an unfinished exotic wood set for less than $30 delivered.
    Some Mahogany leather dye and finished with minwax antique oil finish. Look great for show, but Uncle Mikes or Pachmyer
    compacts for carry are probably the best avilable now that the Trausch grips are no longer available..
    Anyone selling Trausch grips for an SP here??? Been looking for a year...
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Gemini's are not cheap but man they draw nice and look good image.jpg
    MMinSC likes this.

Rollo Talks Sp-101 Grips

My new grip inserts for my SP101 357.
    'Merica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Thanks for the review Rollo I have CTG's on my 3" SP 101 no complaints. However some of these you have featured may make their way on to my 2".

I went with the houge mono grips....perfect fit, comfort and I don't have an issue with concealment. I tried full house 357 loads with the original grips...just a tad uncomfortable.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member
    I had Houges on mine but went back to factory grips with insert panels from Chig's grips.

Chig's Grips | Ruger SP101 & GP100 Grip Panels

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Gemini's are not cheap but man they draw nice and look good image.jpg
    Those are nice looking but last time I checked you could only get their grips if they worked on your gun.
    old grunt likes this.

Eric357 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I just seen the post from today and yesterday and didn't realize it was a zombie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links