3 pistols I'm considering - Page 2

3 pistols I'm considering

This is a discussion on 3 pistols I'm considering within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 30. I have the tritium night sights which are pretty cool. I carry it in a crossbreed supertuck or in my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3 pistols I'm considering

I have a Glock 30. I have the tritium night sights which are pretty cool. I carry it in a crossbreed supertuck or in my new custom Side Guard holster OWB. It conceals very well, but with the weight of 11 rounds of 45 acp, it is heavy. Not too heavy, but i prefer to carry my revolvers instead. The Glock is super reliable, shoots like a dream, and is a joy to own. The double stack 45 makes the grip a little chunky, but nothing i cannot handle. Good luck making your decision.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Without question...either Glock! I have both the 30 and the 36...the 36 is my EDC and has the noticeably smaller grip of all the Glocks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Once you buy a Glock you will end up buying a lot more.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    If you are concerned with how well the gun conceals, then I would go with the Glock 36 since it is a single stack .45 auto pistol that only weighs 20oz and holds a respectable 6 rounds. If you are concerned with magazine capacity, then I would go with the Glock 30 since it is double stack and holds 10 rounds of .45 auto but is harder to conceal due to the thickness of the grip and frame. I don't have anything against Bersa, since they are fine weapons, but Glocks are ultra reliable, tough and have tons of aftermarket kits, accessories and spare parts. Go with Glock.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Ummm...lemesee, no...can't think of any PoPo departments issuing Bersa's.

Glock, hand's down!!!
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I had a Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra Compact Pro. Loved it. Fit right into my hand, fine shooter and the kick of the .45 was great. I sold it as part of my Smith and Wesson only gun crackdown lol.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Cool

I am partial to Glock .45 ACP's. I do not have any of the mini Glocks because I like a full hand grip (I know it is not necessary) so I don't have a G-30. I really like my G-36 and I have really "bonded" with my G-21 over the past 5 years carrying it daily at work and going through a couple of shooting seminars and qualifications. Yeah it's big and kinda heavy but there is something about 14 rounds of 230 grain Golden Sabre without a reload.

Anyone of your three choices will serve you well but I personally would stay with the two Glocks.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    G-36 G-21
    Click to enlarge.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links