3 pistols I'm considering

This is a discussion on 3 pistols I'm considering within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently I am considering the Glock 30, Glock 36, and the Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra Compact Pro. The things I am currently debating is the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3 pistols I'm considering

3 pistols I'm considering

Currently I am considering the Glock 30, Glock 36, and the Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra Compact Pro. The things I am currently debating is the concealability and the mag sizes. Also does anyone know which ones of these have the sights with the white dots? I'm pretty sure the Bersa ones does but I'm not 100% on that. Please just give me your opinions and thoughts on these guns. Thanks
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

2. Remove Ads

I have a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact and I absolutely love that gun. Well made, durable, reliable, and very ergonomic. More compact than the Glock 9mm counterparts. I believe the .45 has the same dimensions just lower capacity given the .45. I like them because they are a hammered DA/SA semi-auto with de-cocker. Load the chamber, de-cock, and you can still fire the first shot in DA mode. They're great guns.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I think that you can't go wrong with any one of the three.......just hold them all and decide which you like best.
    oneshot likes this.

I would go with the glock. Long proven track record and parts and service, should they be needed, are readily available. I've carried glocks since 1990 and been very satisfied.

VIP Member
    Glocks come standard with the white U-notch rear sight. I beleive that the Bersa comes with a three-dot set up. Either works perfectly well, though.

There really isn't a better shooting .45acp in the 300-600 price range than the Glock 30, IMO. The G36 is actually my prefered carry of the two, though. It isn't as soft a shooter as the G30 but for me it is far more easily carried.

The Bersa, by reputation, is also an excellent firearm for the money. You may run across more trouble with service/parts and finding accessories than with Glock.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have only shot/own one of those you are considering, that is the Glock 30. It is an amazing weapon, accurate, 10+1 capacity, concealable, and easy to shoot. The downside is that when fully loaded it is heavy-you need a good holster and belt. Some comment about the grip being a bit thick, but nothing you can't get used to IMO. Standard sights are U/dot, but you can order with 3 dot night sights or add aftermarket to your taste.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Glocks come standard with the white U-notch rear sight. I beleive that the Bersa comes with a three-dot set up. Either works perfectly well, though.

There really isn't a better shooting .45acp in the 300-600 price range than the Glock 30, IMO. The G36 is actually my prefered carry of the two, though. It isn't as soft a shooter as the G30 but for me it is far more easily carried.

The Bersa, by reputation, is also an excellent firearm for the money. You may run across more trouble with service/parts and finding accessories than with Glock.

Good luck!
    Bersa parts are easy to get via their webpage for any model, but you are absolutely correct that accessories (i.e. night sights) for the Bersa's aren't nearly as readily available as the infinite number of accessories for Glock. I basically keep all of my handguns stock, so not much of an issue for me but something to give quite a bit of consideration if you're into accessorizing.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Know nothing about the Bersa .45, but I've had several students who love their Bersa .380s. I've never seen a Bersa .380 malf on the line in my classes. I HATE Glock 36s. It's a personal thing, and lots of folks love them, but I do not. They are the only Glock model I've ever shot that was unpleasant to shoot. I own 13 or 14 Glocks, but I'd never own a 36. Glock 30s are good guns, although I do not own one. I have a good friend who was one of my CHL students who carries nothing else, but I won't own a Glock in .45 ACP. I do have a Model 29 and a couple of 20s, and I like them, but they are pretty bulky. Good luck with whatever you choose.

between the glocks i would go with the 36 on the fact that it conceals better and has a real nice slim grip................and if you like the slim grip than i would also look at the kahr P45. some love the kahrs and some dislike them for problems that some have, im the former. i think its a great carry gun and i would consider myself an above average shooter (experienced) and i have never had a problem with the kahr. follow the manual and if you do have a problem kahr will make it right. a used one might be the perfect solution because you know it's already broke in and you most likely won't have any issues with it. think about it
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    You know Im going Bersa on this one.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have the Glock 30SF. There is very little size difference between the G-30SF and the G-36. Being a double stack the G-30SF is a tad thicker but not really an issue unless you have very small hands. I opted for the G-30SF over the G-36 strictly for the extra rnd. count. I also have a G-26 which is not much smaller than the others but considerably lighter when fully loaded. I have found the Glocks to be the best shooting semi's I've ever fired but for CC even the sub-compact is a little big for FL. dress.(shorts and T-shirt) I find myself pocket carrying either a Kel-Tec P3AT or a S&W 342. If I ever figure out a good way to carry my G-30SF, it will be my EDC.

glock vs bersa? really?
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

i can only speak from what I have and thats a Glock 30, I always carried a Sig 220 and wanted something a little smaller since I live in Fl. and the Glock 30 fit the bill just fine, 10rds standard and 12 rds with an extended sleeve work just fine when I am not wearing something that covers the Sig to well.

If you have small hands I say Glock 36. If you can handle a pretty meaty(fat) handled gun then get the Glock 30. I'm in no way saying that the Bersa is not a good option either. But I trust Glocks.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I'm def gonna go with Bersa on this one. Safety always prevails.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links