Can't decide Glock 32 or 21

This is a discussion on Can't decide Glock 32 or 21 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a G19, which is a compact. I like the size and weight of the gun and am thinking about purchasing a 45 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LoadedPipes

Thread: Can't decide Glock 32 or 21

Can't decide Glock 32 or 21

I currently have a G19, which is a compact. I like the size and weight of the gun and am thinking about purchasing a 45 auto. Since Glock doesn't offer a 45 auto in compact not sure if I want to go with a 32 (sig 357) which is a compact or a 21, which is a fullsize 45 auto.

Does anyone have both of these and have an opinion. I belong to a club, so no gun rentals.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I like shooting a .45acp but have been wanting a .357sig. Research that I have done, which I admit is minimal would lead me to say either is great, but the 32 since you like the size of the 19

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

How about the Glock 36 its about the same size as the Glock 19 in length and actually thinner.
    glockman10mm and Old School like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    How about the Glock 36 its about the same size as the Glock 19 in length and actually thinner.
    And there you go! I dont have one, but its a Glock, you cant go wrong.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Unless you really like the 357 sig, I would stick to the .45acp. I would also recommend the G36. It isn't as soft shooting as the G21 but it is quite manageable.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

OR you could try a Glock 30. It's a Glock 19 sized compact .45 that will also take the newer generation Glock 21 mags.

Personally the G21 is my favorite gun by far. It's accurate to 50 yards (haven't tried farther) and reliable as can be. I've spoken with Glock 30 shooters who love theirs as much as I love mine. Having said that, I did have Robar reduce the grip to fit my hand better. As I understand it, the G21SF (Short Frame) is supposed to be really close to what I had done. A Glock 30SF will be pretty close to the feel of your G19.

In teaching shooting I have a dislike of the Glock 36.
    I never saw any of them operate as reliably as every other model. To be fair, maybe they just needed 500-800 rounds to settle in.

I had a father son team on my range with 36s. They failed epically through the first two days of training. Moving along we changed ammo and kept plugging away. On the third day after about 800 rounds had been through each gun, Dad started with WWB and the kid had Wolf, which I was using.we switched their ammo with each other and now dad is shooting Wolf and his son shoots WWB. They both finished very well for the course. The son said he is going to turn it in and get a G21.The dad didn't say much of anything, but I'm sure it wasn't a love note to Glock.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

In my book, the Glock 30 is a compact 45 (Glock calls it a sub). It is only 0.1 in. longer the the compact G23 and, of course, a bit wider. I have both models and the Glock 30 is not bad for concealed carry, and it is a great shooter. Try one before you decide on some other 45 cal model, you might be glad you did.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

The 32 will fit all your gear for your 19 so that is nice, but the 21 is a fighting machine. Who can argue with 13+1 of .45 acp? Tough choice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

When faced with this very same question, I went with the G21. Can't say I regret my decision.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I have a G30sf and and it is actually quite small for a 45acp and it is very nice and accurate to shoot.
    G30SF XD45Tactical

Cool

photo.jpg
    G-21
    photo.jpg
    G-36

photo.JPG
    G-36 and Side Guard IWB holster and mag holder

I love my G-36 then again I love my G-21. The G-21 is comforting with 14 rounds of .45 ACP on board but a bit heavy to carry IWB all day. The G-36 is a great IWB all day, all week , all month all the time. CCW.
    Last edited by Old School; April 11th, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

my wifes uncle handed me his G30 the other day to check out, and all i can say is that is a fat gun. i really did not like the feel of it at all. i have shot the 21 years back and from what i can remeber the recoil on it was very nice, i can't remeber how it felt in my hands though? i handled the G36 a few weeks ago and that felt very nice in my hands, i would get one if i did not already have a P45. i guess after carrying kahrs for a few years the glocks just seem very fat. i am going to get a G19 soon though. My vote if you really want a 45 for concealment would be the G36. i have never handled a SF model but would really like to get some feedback on how they compare to their counter parts. a significant difference in width or what?
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

I have both a G19 and a G21. Love both guns, but there is a world of difference between the two. If you want a .45 Glock comparable in size to the G19, I would recommend that you take a serious look at the G30 or G30SF. From what I've seen, the G30SF is closer in size to the G19 than the G36, and carries 10+1 rounds (as opposed to a smaller magazine capacity in the G36.) G30 will be my next Glock purchase, and I have the same questions about the SF model as Nick060200. As always, head to a range, rent and/or handle your options and decide what fits YOU best!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Go with the .45 cuz then you have the option to go with conversion barrels. My .45 (Glock 30) has a 10mm and a 9X25Dillon barrel for it.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Thanks for all the replies. Living in NJ, I can not file for another purchase permit for 3 more weeks (just filled one out for 22 handgun). That gives me 3 weeks plus processing time to do some more research.

Links