So I ended up with a glock but there is an issue

This is a discussion on So I ended up with a glock but there is an issue within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While it probably is shooting a little high; if you are aiming at the center of a can on the ground 10 yards in front ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So I ended up with a glock but there is an issue

While it probably is shooting a little high; if you are aiming at the center of a can on the ground 10 yards in front of you then you will have accentuated the problem of shooting high. Shooting down on an object does that. Before bailing completely out on the front sight you might put the pistol on a paper target level with you and verify its point of impact. Try it at the 10 yard distance, then try it at 25 yards. You might find that you can live with it as is.

I too like 6 o'clock holds. The sight probably suits some shooters' styles.

Failing that, try C Hawk Glock's suggestion with the lighter. You might start a new trend in Glock sights. The retro-looking half-moon front sight.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

Try changing the sights. Put some steel night sights on it if you're going to carry it. The two different sights on the pistol now may be contributing to the fact it's shooting is off. You said you and three different people were shooting high consistantly then it may be the sights. Every pistol I own and my wife owns has a matching set of night sights from the same manufacturer and they all shoot right where we want them to, point of aim=point of impact.

$463 for a used Glock 19 with messed up sights that have to be replaced? Should have bought the new Gen 4. I'm not sure why folks would spend all that money on a used Glock when another $30 (about 7% more) would get them new, with all the goodies. That's less than a tank of gas or a restaurant meal. It seems it's going to cost you at least that much getting it fixed up, and you still have a used Glock. I'd have saved up another month or so to get new.

I have an FFL hook-up who will sell me any new Glock I want for $440.
    Last edited by MadMac; April 12th, 2011 at 07:10 PM.

Well I had no idea the sights were screwed when I got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links