S/W model 12-3 K frame

S/W model 12-3 K frame

This is a discussion on S/W model 12-3 K frame within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife just traded our daughter back for this S/W K frame. My wife had loaned it to our daughter when she moved to another ...

Thread: S/W model 12-3 K frame

S/W model 12-3 K frame

My wife just traded our daughter back for this S/W K frame. My wife had loaned it to our daughter when she moved to another state. I wanted it back because I thought it was a model 36 and needed a J frame for holsters. I was very surprised.
    What a cool gun. We have not fired it yet. I just loaded some rounds for it today. Hopefully this week we will get to test drive it.
    And, I am still looking for a J frame! My wife suggested I trade this one. NO WAY! I'll pick up beer cans on the side of the road before I trade this. (Originally belonged to my father in law)
    Attached Images
    NRA Life Member

And, I am still looking for a J frame! My wife suggested I trade this one. NO WAY! I'll pick up beer cans on the side of the road before I trade this. (Originally belonged to my father in law)
    And here I was just about to make you an offer.
    Seriously though, that's a sweet looking revolver. I wouldn't trade it either.

Good job keeping it in the family.

Don't use +P ammo with it. Check out information on S&W forum about the gun.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Those give a person a strange feeling, upon picking one up for the first time. They are so light for their size. Really, it ought to hide almost as well as a J-Frame.

What a great revolver!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Those K-frame snubs get overlooked way too often and are quite a steal of a gun. Good for you.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Appreciate the advice about the +P. I did read up on the 12-3. That' why we haven't fired it yet. all of our ammo is +P or on the heavy side. I loaded some ammo for it yesterday that should be good to go.
    As far as CCW, my wife wants to carry this. She really likes the looks and feel of this. I hope she is not disappointed once she fires it. We should know today if the rain breaks.
    NRA Life Member

We got to shoot my wife's new revolver. She likes it. I like it. Smooth double action. I was able to keep all rounds on the small steel target, rapid fire, 15 yards. She only let me shoot one 6 round string.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    That is the firearm version of Dolly Parton! She looks a little front heavy! haha.... Man I love me some S&W
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sponsored Links