My review of the Ruger LC9 with video

This is a discussion on My review of the Ruger LC9 with video within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really like the way you train. i wish i had an open area like you have access to so i could train the same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My review of the Ruger LC9 with video

I really like the way you train. i wish i had an open area like you have access to so i could train the same way. I am sure that your method of training is much more realistic than what most people do.

I did notice on your third run through on this video that you came pretty close to taking the camera out though!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Nice video, the real world training/practice you show in your video is expediently more helpful than static range/paper punching most people tend to do. If you have solid basic handgun skills already its real world training that is key to surviving a gun fight.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

los
    Betcha he's got good, quick reloading skills, too. I wish he'd incorporate that into his videos in real time.

Neutralizing the target and reloading to re-neutralize, would be a an incredible and positive demonstration for the featured weapon.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I would like to see you do the same video with a PF9 also. Would be interesting to see which one you liked better.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Great work azchevy

You make the run & gun look easy.

The LC9 looks like a much better offering than the LCP, for sure.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I would like to see you do the same video with a PF9 also. Would be interesting to see which one you liked better.
    I already have and I disliked it so much I bought the ruger. I guess I can borrow my friends again and do a video or two

I bought an LC9 yesterday, last night I took it apart and cleaned it; Iíve never seen that much grease in a gun before. I finally got tired of messing with it and hosed the inside of the slide down with brake cleaner to get the stuff out, didnít do that to the frame however. Then I relubed with my usual stuff.

Iíll agree, If youíre selling something as a carry gun, and the LC9 doesnít make sense as anything elseÖÖÖ.ship it with at least 2 mags, 3 would be even more practical!!

Took it out for a test spin this morning. I was really expecting buyerís remorse but was pleasantly surprised at how the LC9 ran. 50 rounds of assorted loose 9mm stuff I had rattling around in the ammo can no malfunctions (this included a few steel cased rounds and HPs). I hit the target although the grouping wasnít much to brag about. Most of that was probably me.

Iím tuned to a 1911 trigger and this trigger is ÖÖÖ.. different. But that said Iíve shot a hell of a lot worse double action triggers, I suspect this one just needs to be shot.

From a carry standpoint loaded its 10 oz lighter than my Ultra Carry II is loaded and itís even thinner.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Remove the magazine disconnect and the trigger gets better

I've read quite a few reviews on Ruger's LC9. All have been complimentary. I plan on getting one for my wife to carry :) That should make her very happy.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I definitly want to know how to remove the magazine disconect,especially if it would make the trigger better.A video of the process would be golden.I know someone somewhere will eventually make one.I love my LC9(after returned from Ruger)If the trigger was better IMO it'd be perfect.500(cheap,mixed) rounds after i got it back and no problems.

I posted a step by step. Intermediate procedure that requires attention to detail and basic knowledge of firearm function.

@ azchevy I watched your other video on the LCR, I just bought the LC9 and was looking for your review on it but you closed your YouTube account. I was looking forward to that review and what your thoughts on the LC9 after the mods.

BTW...I liked your video's

I am finished providing the general public with my training and how to videos due to my employment status, I was informed that it was against regulations due to a liability factor so I closed the account. i didn't get in trouble or anything, they just told me they are changing policies regarding this due to liability and I complied. Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links