Ruger 1911..... - Page 2

Ruger 1911.....

This is a discussion on Ruger 1911..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh boy, another 1911. Just what the world needs. Its a good gun, but c'mon......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ruger 1911.....

  1. #16
    Member Array charliefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N. Charleston SC
    Posts
    106
    Oh boy, another 1911. Just what the world needs. Its a good gun, but c'mon...
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"


  2. #17
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gastonville
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Ruger makes some fine guns, this is going to get interesting!
    What?? Fine? Ruger makes overbuilt, inexpensive, unrefined firearms that are always tough as nails but almost never polished (figuratively speaking). I would never use the word fine in association with any Ruger product other than a No. 1 rifle.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

  3. #18
    Ex Member Array Kerby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norfolk Va 23518
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    What?? Fine? Ruger makes overbuilt, inexpensive, unrefined firearms that are always tough as nails but almost never polished (figuratively speaking). I would never use the word fine in association with any Ruger product other than a No. 1 rifle.
    I use it for the MK I, Red Lable, Red Hawk, Black Hawk (and the supers) and the 10-22.... but I am a big fan of Rugers and being somewhat never polished myself perhaps it is just a good fit,,

  4. #19
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gastonville
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I use it for the MK I, Red Lable, Red Hawk, Black Hawk (and the supers) and the 10-22.... but I am a big fan of Rugers and being somewhat never polished myself perhaps it is just a good fit,,
    I will concede the Red Lables could be called fine. I would still describe most of Rugers products as tough, not fine.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

  5. #20
    VIP Member
    Array C hawk Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    W. Washington
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I will concede the Red Lables could be called fine. I would still describe most of Rugers products as tough, not fine.
    You said what I wanted to say! LOL

    Ruger makes strong middle of the road firearms for the most part. All you have to do is just break down each category.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

  6. #21
    Senior Member Array RebelRabbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Smithfield NC
    Posts
    574
    Call me when the Commander and/or Officer versions hit the Mkt!

  7. #22
    Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,099
    Ruger making 1911's, everyone is getting in on producing a 100 year old design. I expect Dell and H P to bring out versions and give one away with a new computer.

  8. #23
    Senior Member Array dV8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    Ruger making 1911's, everyone is getting in on producing a 100 year old design. I expect Dell and H P to bring out versions and give one away with a new computer.
    More likely give a computer with a new M1911. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

  9. #24
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    I got 5 1911's,3 45acp,1 22 LR,1 44 magnum.I'll pass on another one
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  10. #25
    Member Array Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Monroe Ga.
    Posts
    364
    When I get another 1911 I want one from Kimber, or Colt. I had a Colt Commander a few years back, wish I'd never gotten rid of it.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

    -Joseph Conrad-

  11. #26
    Senior Member Array Chevyguy85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    828
    Ruger Introduces All American Made SR1911 Pistol | Down Range TV I'm shocked it doesn't have a mag disconn safety. Not that the article says anyway. Doesn't state if it uses proprietary magazines either. At least the manual isn't written on the slide :)

  12. #27
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    Ruger Introduces All American Made SR1911 Pistol | Down Range TV I'm shocked it doesn't have a mag disconn safety. Not that the article says anyway. Doesn't state if it uses proprietary magazines either. At least the manual isn't written on the slide :)
    It's on then underside of the dust cover.

    Looking at it, and knowing Ruger's rep for solid guns (after a recall or two) I would consider buying one if I were shopping in that price range. The MSRP is under the retail of a Springfield Loaded and I like the integrated plunger tube. I do have my doubts on it as they "improved the extractor" While it's still an internal extractor, who knows how this altered piece will fare in production guns.

  13. #28
    Senior Member Array Chevyguy85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    It's on then underside of the dust cover.

    Looking at it, and knowing Ruger's rep for solid guns (after a recall or two) I would consider buying one if I were shopping in that price range. The MSRP is under the retail of a Springfield Loaded and I like the integrated plunger tube. I do have my doubts on it as they "improved the extractor" While it's still an internal extractor, who knows how this altered piece will fare in production guns.
    I like Rugers to the point that pretty much all of the guns in the house are Rugers but I don't see me getting this one anytime soon. I'm just not a 1911 fan. If the article said a MSRP I missed it and if it didn't I have no clue what it is. Not that I'd ever pay MSRP for a Ruger, or any gun for that matter. Sadly if Ruger somehow manages to screw this up I think a lot more people are going to lose faith in them.

  14. #29
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    I like Rugers to the point that pretty much all of the guns in the house are Rugers but I don't see me getting this one anytime soon. I'm just not a 1911 fan. If the article said a MSRP I missed it and if it didn't I have no clue what it is. Not that I'd ever pay MSRP for a Ruger, or any gun for that matter. Sadly if Ruger somehow manages to screw this up I think a lot more people are going to lose faith in them.
    MSRP is $799 per the website, that puts retail around $650-$700, not a bad buy for a 1911 from a "reputable" American firearms manufacturer.

  15. #30
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,771
    Being a fan of both the 1911 and Ruger now I just have to find one.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

black ruger 1911
,

ruger 1911

,

ruger 1911 black

,
ruger 1911 forum
,
ruger 1911 forums
,
ruger 1911 in black
,
ruger 1911 photos
,
ruger 1911 pics
,
ruger 6700
,
ruger new 1911
,
ruger sr1911
,
ruger1911
Click on a term to search for related topics.