Defensive Carry banner

New Ranger II

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GM 
#1 ·
I've been so happy with my STI Spartan, that I decided to buy the Commander length STI Ranger II in 45 acp. With one range trip and 150 rounds behind me, I'm feeling good about the purchase. Typical of STI, the gun has tight tolerances, points well, and is quite accurate and manageable. My big complaint is my old eyes! The Ranger's stock black-on-black sights in a poorly lit indoor range with a dark target and everything runs together for me. I threw some white nail polish on the front and may change out to a night sight front post. Certainly not a problem that can't be solved. My minor complaint is the RecoilMaster spring/guide rod--it is going to take some getting used to. Right now I would like to have 3 hands to manage the GR, slide and GR clip. This seems to be an issue of technique, so I think this will work itself out.

Bottom line-no regrets and I don't think I will have any. I like the weapon enough that I intend to work it in as a carry weapon after some more range time.
Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol Revolver

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice gun! Practice, Practice, Practice!

#3 ·
I had a friend bought an STI in 40 S&W,first range session 2 rounds started FTE,field stripped the gun and the ejector was broke,went back to STI,came back and the front nite sites doesn't glow,for what he paid you would think he would get a pistol that is 100%.I did shoot it and it feels like it weighs 1/2 what my
Combat Commander does,and the trigger is really sweet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.