Ruger lcp : New today! - Page 2

Ruger lcp : New today!

This is a discussion on Ruger lcp : New today! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love mine. I did put a little orange paint on that tiny hump of a front sight but that's the only thing I've done to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger lcp : New today!

Love mine. I did put a little orange paint on that tiny hump of a front sight but that's the only thing I've done to it.....except shoot it of course.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

pics...

clean and lube,then try a few different types of ammo..don't think you'll have any problems..congrats on the new lcp

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    You made a good purchase! And yes, do go to the Elsie Pea site. Virtually every thing LCP is covered there.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudek View Post
    Just picked-up my new CCW and haven't had a chance to fire it yet-- maybe tomorrow. Checked out a lot of comments before buying, but wonder if other owners have some tips that could help me avoid "stupid" problems. I'll probably use it as a back-up to my M&P 9mm compact, but might use it as my EDC in the warmer months. Anything you might want to pass along will be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati.
    I picked one up when they first came out and I love the little guy, they have a very long trigger pull so if you want any sort of accuracy out of it make sure you creep the trigger back to get used to the pull. My father bought one and wanted to sell it because he was convinced he couldn't hit a silhouette target at 25 feet I watched him shoot and he was just jerking the trigger back and pulling the muzzle completely off target, they're best friends now that he corrected that issue.

I'll second painting the front sight...use a base of white nail polish, then add two coats of florescent model paint (red or orange, whatever you like).

I also recommend the finger extension for the mag base plate - it turns a loose 1 1/2 finger grip into a strong 2 finger grip.

Finally, I really like CT lasers, but especially for a gun like the LCP with very rudimentary sights.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Congrats on your new LCP. I traded one for a Kahr CW9, and I missed not having a true pocket pistol so I bought a second one. Ditto for the CT laserguard, it really turns this little pistol into a viable self defense weapon, especially at night when most criminal activity occurs.
    God bless our troops!

Old School: Thanks for that. I did clean it and went to the range today. No problems, but I was a little surprised at the recoil. It wasn't as bad as my former 380-- Walther PPK/S--- but was not really fun to shoot: I didn't buy it for a range gun, but had hoped it would be a little more fun to shoot! It will be great for CCW, so I'll just content myself with that... BUT, is there a grip that can help even a little with the recoil?
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati.

Got a rear pocket holster from pocketholsters.com for mine remove two screws and flip it over for a good front holster. cid:Image0008.jpg/Image0008.jpg

Sailor Man--- Good to hear from a Pa. guy. I know exactly where Olyphant is located. Thanks for the tip.
    Philly Boy.

I can build a nice rig for your new toy.
    Jeff
    Attached Images
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links