My new carry gun (CZ75D Compact 9mm)

This is a discussion on My new carry gun (CZ75D Compact 9mm) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I firmly believe CZ's are the most underrated guns available. I wish they were still as cheap as they used to be but I will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: My new carry gun (CZ75D Compact 9mm)

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just far enough outside Orlando
    Posts
    694
    I firmly believe CZ's are the most underrated guns available. I wish they were still as cheap as they used to be but I will own one some day.

    The only, and I mean the only thing I don't like about them is the fact that the slides are so small it can be hard to get a good purchase with your hand.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post

    The only, and I mean the only thing I don't like about them is the fact that the slides are so small it can be hard to get a good purchase with your hand.
    Yea, no kidding. And it is hefty to rack back on my gun too. Compared to the huge slide on my S&W, it is something I am getting used to.

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array jwhite75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    5,319
    You definitely traded up good find.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.


    I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,966
    Well, went to the range today and put 150 rounds through this weapon. All I can say is WOW! What a pistol! My groups shrank to the size of the X ring out to 15 yards. At 25 yards I was still grapefruit sized! I had a blast. At 7 yards I was calling my shots (shooting a man with hostage target) "hand", "throat", "forehead" and executing right where I was aiming. I even triple tapped the hostage target at 15 yards and didn't kill "Sally the hostage". JUST AWESOME!!

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,337
    If your interested in wood grips for your 75, check out this site. His grips are well made, reasonably priced and I've never had to wait more than a couple of weeks for them.

    Marschalgrips.com
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  7. #21
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If your interested in wood grips for your 75, check out this site. His grips are well made, reasonably priced and I've never had to wait more than a couple of weeks for them.

    Marschalgrips.com
    Thank you. I have a birthday coming up, maybe I'll hint this to the wife. I like the Zebra wood.

  8. #22
    Member Array gdkenoyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    ... Neither does Comp Tac [have a tuckable IWB] ......ideas?
    Idea? yep: try searching with the 75D's other name: CZ75 P-01. You will find a comp-tac under that name (and yes, the CZ 75 D is the exact same weapon as the CZ75 P-01, with the exception of the name stamped on the slide, go here to verify). In fact, the P-01 holster is the only CTAC currently available from Comp-tac for the CZ line (you can get the MTAC and Spartan, too)

    For a shortcut to holsters, go here.

    EDIT: o, yea: where/how the devil did you pick this up for $450?!

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by gdkenoyer View Post
    Idea? yep: try searching with the 75D's other name: CZ75 P-01. You will find a comp-tac under that name (and yes, the CZ 75 D is the exact same weapon as the CZ75 P-01, with the exception of the name stamped on the slide, go here to verify). In fact, the P-01 holster is the only CTAC currently available from Comp-tac for the CZ line (you can get the MTAC and Spartan, too)

    For a shortcut to holsters, go here.

    EDIT: o, yea: where/how the devil did you pick this up for $450?!
    Thanks! Yea, I actually found that out about the P01 designation yesterday. I also found a couple nice OWB pancake holsters for it. The Desantis speed scabbord for the sig 229 fits it like a glove and is a really nice holster.

    And my local gun shop had this little beauty for $500 and I talked them down to $450. Basically just tossed $500 cash on the counter and said "this is all I have, do you want to make a sale or not?" They knocked it down to $450 and i walked out the door for $489 after tax. This gun is just awesome! I appreciate the link too, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best compact 9mm 2011

,
best new 9mm
,
cz-75d compact 9mm
,
cz75d
,
cz75d 9mm
,

cz75d compact

,

cz75d compact 9mm

,
cz75d compact grips
,
cz75d price
,
gun cz75d
,
gun cz75d compact
,
new carry guns
Click on a term to search for related topics.