STI firearms

This is a discussion on STI firearms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Helllo again all! I am once again in need of you all's assistance. In my search for the "perfect handgun" for my fiance to carry ...

Thread: STI firearms

STI firearms

Helllo again all!

I am once again in need of you all's assistance. In my search for the "perfect handgun" for my fiance to carry with her CHL I have narrowed it down to two firearms: Kimber Aegis II (9mm) and STI LS9 (9mm). I have a Kimber so I have an idea of how it's gonna handle, quality, etc. However I have never even held an STI firearm. From what I hear they make good stuff, however I personally wouldn't know. Does anyone have any experience with the STI L9 of L40. They are both ridiculously slim (.765 across the slide, and about an inch across the grip) She wants a 1911 style compact firearm and really like both of these.

Link: http://www.stiguns.com/guns/ls/ls.html

Can anyone help???

Thanks!!!
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Never have shot one myself, but looking over the link you posted .. I ain't so sure I'd like the " Slide DOES NOT lock back after last round is fired" feature.

Price seems a bit steep to me, also.

my $.02
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Since im spending you money i would go for the sti .. Sti has a very good rep

As for not locking back after last shot i have seen couple parts in books about this lately where it is a highly requested item on a carry gun..

People would rather shoot it dry and rack slide than take chance of having a premature lock back

I agree with Bud, STI is a nice piece and an MSRP of under $800.00 is not that bad IMO for the quality of an STI. Remember this is MSRP, not what you can get one for from a dealer that has good prices.

As for the NO lock back, that is preferance more than anything and I believe that STI can do what you want. If you want slide lock! order it that way, that shouldn't be a problem.

Now, what in the world is a Kimber Aegis II please?????????? Never herd of such a thing. Kimber as well has nice CCW pieces. What does your fiance like the best?, what can she handle the best?, has she shot either of the firearms you/she are considering?.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I would really read some more background on the STI's. Their 45s have had some issues and that may carry over to the others.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I have actually almost bought a used LS9, it was very high quality 1911 that looked like it had been shrunk (they were asking too much). I have seen threads over on the 1911 sites that say the lockback on an empty slide is a simple fix (but I don't know that for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp
    Yup, 9mm Ultra with a funny name! Never seen or heard of it until now!

I would look good and hard at this 9mm Aegis, seem's like a real nice Ultra with the melt treatment like the CDP and has the looks of the CDP too. I carry an Ultra CDP alot of the time and love that little gun, I would think this new ultra 9mm would be just as nice, perfect 1911 for a female IMO.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Probably Kimber

That Kimber Aegis 9mm is very attractive - I had not seen it before. I would be very tempted by that, as I believe Kimber makes quality products. The "melt job" on the slide is quite practical and smooths the gun for CCW, as on the Kimber CDP series.

I have always seen and read about STI in American Handgunner magazine. I finally got to hold and examine a few in a gun store about 5 months ago. Very nice guns with quality workmanship. Not your typical rough and tumble pick-up truck .45 and 9 mil's, these had class. More class than I was willing to pay for, but nice nevertheless...
    I say go for it, if thats what pleases you !...

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    I'm with you, Ti Carry .. never seen or heard of 'em before. But, being a Kimber fan I'm encouraging GlockinItUp to go for the "buy one get one free" deal...

... and i'll gladly take the free one
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Links