Lots of LCR's available!!

Lots of LCR's available!!

This is a discussion on Lots of LCR's available!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got off line with one of my distributors and they have a load of LCR's available now!! I may just have to order in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lots of LCR's available!!

Cool Lots of LCR's available!!

Just got off line with one of my distributors and they have a load of LCR's available now!! I may just have to order in a couple of each so I can see which one I want to keep for myself!!!

Attached Images
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I picked up the .357 version in Dec. Handles the .357 good, the .38 & .38+p are tame.
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by 02PSD4ME View Post
    I picked up the .357 version in Dec. Handles the .357 good, the .38 & .38+p are tame.
    So what's the scooby on .357 through snubbies? A friend whom I trust says that you get a bigger blast at ignition but not any more terminal or intermediate velocity that a .38 because of the unburnt powder and it's not worth the extra recoil - or some such logic.

My simple mind says that if it recoils harder then it comes out of the barrel faster, all else being equal.

Those are some ugly revolvers. Just cant go there yet...Although I have heard they are really good.
    BugDude likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I may keep one of the 357's for myself but load with 38 spl +P when the wife uses it for her CCW.
    I don't quite understand the unburned powder theory unless they are improper reloaded ammo. I did have that issue with a 357 long time ago. I'd have to check my notes but I had an issue with unburned powder and I was shooting it through a S&W 686 with a 6" bbl. The unburned powder made the cylinder feel "rough" when it turned.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Are these ugly little things 'built like tanks" ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Those are some ugly revolvers. Just cant go there yet...Although I have heard they are really good.
    PFFFFTTTT.....

This coming from a Glock guy! LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by supv26 View Post
    I may keep one of the 357's for myself but load with 38 spl +P when the wife uses it for her CCW.
    I don't quite understand the unburned powder theory unless they are improper reloaded ammo. I did have that issue with a 357 long time ago. I'd have to check my notes but I had an issue with unburned powder and I was shooting it through a S&W 686 with a 6" bbl. The unburned powder made the cylinder feel "rough" when it turned.
    I don't reload but I used to reload with my Uncle and we had our share of occasional duds.

I read a lot about the fire ball from .357 snubbies as opposed to longer barreled .357s. Come to think of it, I read about the fireball from long barreled .357s too.

Consider me graciously confused...

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I wanted to like the LCR's and I do think the trigger feels really good but they don't fit my small hand's as well as an SP101 or J frame and I don't like how the cylinder looks but I've only heard good. I have read that a few people think they're a bit snappy in .357 but I find all .357 to be a bit snappy

Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    So what's the scooby on .357 through snubbies? A friend whom I trust says that you get a bigger blast at ignition but not any more terminal or intermediate velocity that a .38 because of the unburnt powder and it's not worth the extra recoil - or some such logic.

My simple mind says that if it recoils harder then it comes out of the barrel faster, all else being equal.

I'm not going to look the ballistic data up at the moment as I am heading to bed but if I remember correctly... depending on ammunition I think there is around a 300-400 FPS difference between .38 special +p and .357 magnum. That is a pretty significant difference. I will admit, the difference is more pronounced in 4 inch and 6 inch barrels but it's definitely still present in snubbies.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I wanted to like the LCR's and I do think the trigger feels really good but they don't fit my small hand's as well as an SP101 or J frame and I don't like how the cylinder looks but I've only heard good. I have read that a few people think they're a bit snappy in .357 but I find all .357 to be a bit snappy

Gideon
    I use the LCR as my back up. It is UGLY. I always thought the only thing that could make a glock look good was a good leather holster. The jury is still out on the LCR. Shooting 158 grain LSWC, I think the LCR is snappy. My SP101 is my primary. Same 158 grain rounds are almost negligible. I do like the lcr. It is easy to shoot.
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone keeps saying the LCR's are ugly, I just don't see it.

I'll be the first to admit my Glocks are ugly as sin, but the LCR looks sexy to me.

I love my LCR so much I'd like to pick up a spare .357 model.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

I love my .38 LCR so much I went out and got the .357 version also. I like it just as much actually... but only with .38's in it. As for .357's, it is brutal punishment. That hurts. I'll stick with .38's in both of mine thank you.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I love my .38 LCR so much I went out and got the .357 version also. I like it just as much actually... but only with .38's in it. As for .357's, it is brutal punishment. That hurts. I'll stick with .38's in both of mine thank you.
    Since you have both, is there much of a difference in recoil shooting 38's between the .38 and slightly heavier .357 versions of the LCR?
    Last edited by playingD; April 14th, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling issues

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    PFFFFTTTT.....

This coming from a Glock guy! LOL
    Sir, my hipocrisy knows no bounds:)
    Last edited by glockman10mm; April 15th, 2011 at 01:16 AM.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links