Glock 19 Gen 4 do I just give up?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 4 do I just give up? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am 400 rounds into the g19 with so many FTF's that I will not use for self-defense purposes, and I have talk to Glock ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4 do I just give up?

I am 400 rounds into the g19 with so many FTF's that I will not use for self-defense purposes, and I have talk to Glock twice and so far no #4 recoil spring. I left all my info over a month ago no response, so almost two weeks ago I called and was assured of the #4 recoil spring being shipped. So far no recoil spring, I would not call that good customer service.

Question does the #4 spring work with 115 grain bullets?

I shoot mostly 115 grain federal FMJ in my other guns, I do not find 124 grain FMJ in my area, I will get rid of the Glock if the light weight 115's will not work.

Those of you that have the #4 spring were all your problems solved?

Did they say the spring WAS shipped, or that it WILL BE shipped? It's possible they don't have any to send out at the moment.

My sole experience calling Glock for service was very good - bit surprised at your experience.

Any local Glock armorers that might be able to help you out? If there is a GSSF match in your area, they usually have armorers there and will fix anything that needs fixing for free.

I would not give up until after you get the new spring, and see if that solves the issue.

If you do not want to wait, you can see if Wolff makes springs for the G19 Gen 4

Wolff Gunsprings - Firearm Springs for Semi-Auto Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, & Shotguns

Good luck!
    Last edited by 10thmtn; April 13th, 2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

wouldn't give up just yet until you receive the lighter #04 spring,should work fine with your choice of 115gr 9mm ammo.the #3 spring was too strong for some brands of 115gr 9mm,since it was designed for 40cal..too bad you have to wait so long to find out though,how many failures have you had?

I've found my Gen4 Glock 19 is pretty selective of ammo, especially the lower 115 gr ones. The Remington UMCs were the worst for me. The WWB actually worked well and I haven't had any issues with the Georgia Arms. With both the WWB (aside from really bad ammo related issues), American Eagles (115gr and 147gr) and GA's ammo worked flawlessly for me. My duty ammo hasn't had any issues as well (Winchester 147gr Rangers). I did order the springs from Glock and they arrived within 3 days but since I've stopped using the Remington UMCs, I didn't feel the need to swap them out.

Trade it for a gen 3 and never look back I would have jettisoned it 200 rounds ago Good luck
    Old School, TomInJax and joker1 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Patience, grasshopper.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I will have to admit I am surprised at the unreliable function of a Glock, I am trying to be patient with Glock, I have had in the past a G23 and it was a solid weapon. So I am hopeful, if I get the spring and it solves the problems I will post that also.

Let's be honest, that's downright terrible CS.
    Folks wouldn't give this a pass...if this wasn't Glock.
    You're way more patient than I would be.
    Last edited by Brass63; April 13th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
    JOHNSMITH likes this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks, Brass63, I am sure this will make a difference on my next gun purchase, maybe try an M&P or another Kahr.

VIP Member
    I have said this many times. Trade it for a Gen 3 or get an M&P. If this were S&W you would have all ready been shooting again in a matter of a couple days. I have never had one issue with my M&P, but I called for a front sight on my Walther and they would not sell it to me. Instead they sent me 6 of them free of charge.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Wow, C hawk Glock, that good CS, I like my 642 quality product.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Did they say the spring WAS shipped, or that it WILL BE shipped? It's possible they don't have any to send out at the moment.

My sole experience calling Glock for service was very good - bit surprised at your experience.

Any local Glock armorers that might be able to help you out? If there is a GSSF match in your area, they usually have armorers there and will fix anything that needs fixing for free.

I would not give up until after you get the new spring, and see if that solves the issue.

If you do not want to wait, you can see if Wolff makes springs for the G19 Gen 4

Wolff Gunsprings - Firearm Springs for Semi-Auto Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, & Shotguns

Good luck!
    The question of the day is why is Glock continuing to sell guns with faulty springs? He should not have to go through this crap as he thought he was buying Glock perfection and getting the reliability that we have come to know and love from the last three Gens.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Wow, C hawk Glock, that good CS, I like my 642 quality product.
    This is the honest to gods truth. I was willing to buy the front sight as my P22 was a used gun. They didn't even ask me for the serial number. Just my address and told me it will be on the way in a day or two. Sure enough, bang there was the sight and a few extras in case they ever came out again. S&W is top notch in customer service.

I only shoot 115 grain through my gen 3 glock 19 and haven't had a failure yet

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    The question of the day is why is Glock continuing to sell guns with faulty springs? He should not have to go through this crap as he thought he was buying Glock perfection and getting the reliability that we have come to know and love from the last three Gens.
    It's possible this was old stock in his dealer's inventory. IIRC, Glock has changed the springs on all Gen 4 pistols so that they work with the lower power practice ammo with reliability.

I do wonder why they initially decided to use springs that only cycle properly with the hotter ammo, though. Stupid move on their part that tarnishes their otherwise strong reputation.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links