Back from range trip w/ Kahr cw9

This is a discussion on Back from range trip w/ Kahr cw9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just got back from my 3rd range trip with the Kahr cw9,close to 500 flawless rounds so far.no failures of any kind and extremely accurate..shot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from range trip w/ Kahr cw9

Back from range trip w/ Kahr cw9

just got back from my 3rd range trip with the Kahr cw9,close to 500 flawless rounds so far.no failures of any kind and extremely accurate..shot from 7,15 and 25 yards,held very tight groups even from 25yrds..this pistol is very accurate..so far,so good with the cw9
    Last edited by crue2009; April 15th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

2. Remove Ads

It sounds like I should get another Kahr. They are such good quality guns. I never had one until about 6 weeks ago, when I bought my PM9. I was very apprehensive, but after shooting 600 rounds through it I am very impressed! Accuracy, dependability, small size, and quality make Kahr a brand that I will own more of. I have 3 Glocks (19, 26, 36), because they are so dependable too (Gen 2 and 3). But my EDC is my Kahr PM9.
    Tom

"A free people ought... to be armed... "
    George Washington, 1790

NRA Endowment Member, CCRKBA Life Member, JPFO Life Member, GOA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member

Well, have one, now to hit the range.... anxious to find out.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    my CW9 is just now at the 1000 round count, and each and every one have been flawless. Welcome to the CW9 club

I love my Glock 19 and my J-frames. but that Kahr CW9 is sure a pleasure to carry and what a nice shooter too.

I agree with the above comments, the Kahr CW9 and others in the Kahr lineup are great carry guns that are just as comfortable to shoot at the range as they are to carry. Glad to hear yours suits you well.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Congrats! I just went from .40 to 9mm and am glad I did. Almost got a Kahr myself. Enjoy it!

Good for you! I almost got one this week, but thought it was too much like my M&P 9mm Compact so I got a Ruger LCP instead. Mistake! Much too snappy. In fact, I just might go back and take another look at the Kahr. In my learning stage of handgun " newness" I am finding out that good concealment might just mean too much recoil to be fun to shoot even rarely at the range. Sometimes wish I hadn't sold my Bersa Thunder Plus--- live and learn!

Also first range trip with the CW9, 250 flawless rounds, no hiccups at all. Should have the new holster in a day or so and will then be ready to go. Hoping to get out again soon to put it through some different defensive paces. Great gun!
    Never leave home without it

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    My two Kahr's CW40 and PM9 have both been outstanding small handguns with no issues at all with many hundreds of rounds through each. High quality handguns for sure.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Wow, good groups at 25 yds with that little banger, I'm very impressed. I did have a few feeding "burps" with mine early on, but after the first two or three range trips, nothing but clear sailing. I'm partial to larger calibers, but when I do carry the CW9, I have trust in it.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by FLSlim View Post
    I'm partial to larger calibers, but when I do carry the CW9

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    glad it's working so well for you. Every time someone buys a gun there's a chance they'll have to send it back to get it worked on. Usually works out fine after one trip but it sure is great when they just plain work from the get go. My experience was the same with my Kahrs. I have a P9, MK9, K9 and P380. They've all be great and carry great. I won't tell you what I paid for my P9 w/blackened slide and night sights but I love it and I know you got a GREAT value for your gun! Enjoy

Gideon

VIP Member
    I think the kahr CW9 is the perfect carry pistol. I just wish it came with more mags.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links