i got a new glock and took a dremel to it!

This is a discussion on i got a new glock and took a dremel to it! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; haha. i could not resist. i had to polish some of the trigger parts to make it a little smoother. My wife got really mad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i got a new glock and took a dremel to it!

haha. i could not resist. i had to polish some of the trigger parts to make it a little smoother. My wife got really mad when she saw me with the dremel and the new gun. LOL. how many of you guys are like me? you get something brand new and you HAVE to fix it! i can't help myself, why do i always have to try and improve something just for the heck of it? well the gun is fine (G19) and im looking forward to putting a whole lotta lead down range.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    don't be surprised if it goes full auto.

Not good IMHO, what exactly did you do?
    I'm not sure that I understand what you polished.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I always end up customizing my stuff... I usually make myself wait till I identify those one or two things that just make me crazy/really would improve it. Otherwise I'd just take the dremel to everything.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    haha. i could not resist. i had to polish some of the trigger parts to make it a little smoother. My wife got really mad when she saw me with the dremel and the new gun. LOL. how many of you guys are like me? you get something brand new and you HAVE to fix it! i can't help myself, why do i always have to try and improve something just for the heck of it? well the gun is fine (G19) and im looking forward to putting a whole lotta lead down range.
    I suggest you resist that impulse - it's a gun, not a toaster. Plus, user modifications are problems if you have an incident. Can be made to look bad by attorneys or the DA. Plus, it's a Glock. They're made to shoot fine as is, and have a fine reputation for doing so. Let use do any breaking in - though they hardly need any.

My reaction - though I feel those impulses to "fix" too.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    I suggest you resist that impulse - it's a gun, not a toaster. Plus, user modifications are problems if you have an incident. Can be made to look bad by attorneys or the DA. Plus, it's a Glock. They're made to shoot fine as is, and have a fine reputation for doing so. Let use do any breaking in - though they hardly need any.

My reaction - though I feel those impulses to "fix" too.
    Relax man it's a range gun, the only reason an attorney would crawl up his ass for that is if he shoots anyone with it
    Μολὼν λαβέ

los
    Nick, is this the first Glock you do this to..?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

My carry Glock 19 has had quite a bit of work done to it, by me, including polishing the trigger connector, trigger bar, and striker safety. A little polishing compound does not affect the function of the gun, cannot make it go full auto, and makes it easier to shoot accurately.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

guys im not worried about this thing going full auto! i polished the connector and part of the trigger bar. it's not my first glock. i have had others but sold and now im back. i will be carrying this thing too. like the guy ^^^ said it makes it smoother and is also very easy to do. i was not grinding away like maybe some think.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    My carry Glock 19 has had quite a bit of work done to it, by me, including polishing the trigger connector, trigger bar, and striker safety. A little polishing compound does not affect the function of the gun, cannot make it go full auto, and makes it easier to shoot accurately.
    +1

I've done the same thing to my Glocks and it makes the trigger much better. I used a Q-tip though with some flitz on it.

There is nothing wrong with doing a little fluff and buff. Its a good learning experience. I have a Spanish Firestorm 45 Gov't that I have tuned to cycle those flat birdshot shells perfectly and hold tight groups. I got the bug when I was on Kel-Tec list and learned how a little polishing can go a long way

The only thing I've used my dremel for is for polishing gun internals. I've done 6 glocks and a couple others.Never a problem

i have worked on all my glocks. a little trigger and barrel work makes a better glock.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I did my G21C with a bunch of mods. Most of the frame internals are after market and have had all kinds of work done to them. The top has a different barrel and springs and it shoots great!!! I changed the barrel out so I can shoot my own lead cast bullets that I reload myself.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Proud owner and carrier of a bone stock 3rd generation GLOCK 19. Loved this gun from the day I first fired it and haven't felt the need for any modification, not even the 25 cent trigger job.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links