Walther p99

This is a discussion on Walther p99 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; why is there so little said about the walther p99? i find it to be an amazing hand gun! so much said about so many ...

Thread: Walther p99

Walther p99

why is there so little said about the walther p99? i find it to be an amazing hand gun! so much said about so many others but so little about his master piece of workmanship. any thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

I just had a guy call me the other day checking to see if I had any P99's in stock. He was telling me how he liked them and would sure like to find another.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I just recently picked up a S&W SW99 in .45acp which is the same design as the P99, but chambered in .45. It's a great gun and I'm a huge fan of the AS trigger. It gives you the choice of DA/SA or you can keep it in AS mode which is basically SA with a longer very light pull. You really can't beat the reset on these guns.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

jyo
    Same thing, recently acquired a slightly used S&W SW99 also .45 ACP---shoots well---lightweight---good grip---trigger is very useable but cannot be compaired with a 1911, but you get used to it---seems reliable (only taken it out two times, no issues)---I like it! My brother bought a used P99 in 9mm a couple of years ago---pretty much the same as above except that his pistols SA trigger is a bit more "crunchy" than my .45---again, you get used to it. If another SW99 or a P99 in 9mm came by for the right deal, I would probably buy it.

I bought my used SW99 in 40.cal last year,and i love it!! Reliablity has been perfect so far with 700rds of different ammo without a hiccup.Very accurate.I have the AS trigger system with nite sites.I want another pistol and i often thought about trading it as my funds are going for other more important things,but being my EDC and i trust it with my life and I just cant part with it.I wouldnt mind a P99 compact in 9mm alongside it.....SW99 in .45 ...hmmmm
    Smith & Wesson SW99 .40cal Two-Tone

My P99 in .40 has been in my edc rotation since 2000. Only recently replaced 3 weeks ago by my new G27 Gen 4. Just a great gun and looks good to match.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    their very beautiful guns, I do not know many people who carry them though.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

They used to be right around $600 Now they've gone up to about $750. I really want one. I love the AS Trigger with Decock.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Links