Defensive Carry banner

Question about NAA Guardian .380

9K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Ghettokracker71 
#1 ·
Anyone have/tried this gun? Any thoughts vs LCP, P380? How's the trigger? Thinking of it as a deep conceal/BUG.

#2 ·
Gun Tests tried one out a couple of years ago, and it keyholed badly... I can't imagine the product would stay on the market if they all did that, but I'd say it bears some looking into.

#3 ·
I've heard good things about the Guardian and, since it weighs in at about 18 ozs. compared to 9.4 for the LCP, I'd ltake a good lok at the Guardian. In fact, I'g going to do that this coming week as I'm NOT happy with the LCP I just got--- way too snappy to have fun with even on an occasional basis.TRY the LCP wherever you can BEFORE you buy. Good luck!:danceban:

#4 ·
My guess the NAA Guardian is snappier than the LCP, I have a Master Piece Arms MPA Protector 380 it is about the same size and it will bite when you shoot it, one more thing the small 380's like the NAA and the MPA and I think the Seecamps recommend the recoil spring be replace at 200 rounds.

#6 ·
I owned one for about 5 years. It was the only real pocket size .380ACP on the market about a decade ago that was affordable. I couldn't find a Seecamp at the time. It was a decent quality gun with usable sights. I ended up selling it when I found a Seecamp .32ACP. The first reason is because I couldn't get it to feed JHP reliably, FMJ wasn't an issue. The second reason is that it was almost 19oz. unloaded. It bounced around all over the place in my pocket since it was heavy. I could literally feel it every step I took.

IMO, there are much better .380ACP guns on the market to choose from at almost half the weight fully loaded. Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, Seecamp, etc. Even the Kahr PM9 weighs less and the 9mm is a step up.

#7 ·
The NAA Guardian is good for what you want it to do. I would not recommend it, or anything similar, as a primary weapon.

The trigger pull is smooth, but long and heavy. Mine is in .32 acp, has - 400- 500 rounds through it with one failure to feed. That one was just last week - the 73 grain fmj bullet hit the feed ramp and tipped straight up.

#8 ·
I have the NAA Guardian but in the oddball 32NAA. 60 grain bullet that hums along at 1200fps. Very smooth trigger but long and heavy. The 32NAA is built on the same frame as the 380. It is heavy and is more of a IWB gun than a pocket pistol. It is fairly accurate ( I shoot this one to 5 yards ). The sights on mine are garbage. The 380 version you can have a gutter snipe done to the slide, they will not do that with the 32NAA. Over all it is a nice little gun that works well for those days when I need something small.

#9 ·
I had one and sold it to fund another purchase. It is heavy but in a apckage that small the weight is not a bad thing for recoil. You can haved nightsights installed or a gutter snipe like sadi above. The bulk of the metal work is made by Kahr Arms, so they are well made. With a good hard sided kydex or leather pocket holster it would make a good pocket gun, but it would also be a great IWB gun. There are lighter newer options out there but the NAA is a quality piece.

#10 ·
I have one and carry it all the time. I like the weight and so far it has eaten Hydra shok ammo very easily. No problems what so ever with it. I carry it in a Desantis Nemisis in my back pocket most time. I also us an ankle holster on occasion. Mine has been coast to coast while I was riding my motorcycle and the weight never bothered me a bit. It gets dirty and full of dust bunnies and fires like a squeaky clean one. In fact, I shot it one day when it was just a mess and worked like a champ. I have been looking for something in a bigger caliber but so far have not been able to find anything that will conceal as well as this one. If it won't fit in my back pocket I don't like it.

#11 ·
You can probably do a search and find some of my old replies on this topic. I have been praising the Guardians for a long time. When I said I prefer them over the Seecamp I piss some people off. Many that slam the NAA have never owned one, it usually is " I read some where " or " My buddy saw .................................... at the range ". In a day in age when light weight is King my words ruffle some feathers, but they are very true from first hand expierence. As said above the weight of a small semi auto is actually a plus when it comes to quick and accurate double taps to COM. The very same people complaining about the weight of a NAA Guardian are the same people in other threads who suggest a Sig over a Glock because the weight makes it easier to control. Imagine that. Why I prefer the Guardian over the Seecamp. Yes I had a 380 Seecamp and sold it. The Seecamp is designed entirely around one round. The silvertips, nothing else is promised to feed properly. Many will say it will feed X bullet just fine, and that maybe, but understand it was designed around one specific round. Next issue, in order to get a decent grip on these small semi autos I have to have a magazine with a finger rest floor plate which NAA sells. At the time nothing was available for the Seecamp to allow a good grip. This may be different now I have not kept up with the Seecamp. Last thing is there are lots of accessories that NAA carries for the Guardians that the Seecamp's don't. I have one in 380acp and one in 32acp . Both of these have been 100% with everything I have put through them. The only rounds I will carry is Gold Dots from Buffalo Bore. Nowadays there are so many 380's to choose from but this wasn't the case 5-10 years ago. The guns rest easy in a Nemisis pocket holster. If your guns is bouncing all over the place when you walk you need to obtain a proper holster and pants so this wont happen. My 32ACP with factory gutter sniping with night sights. I use to believe sights on a gun like this was crazy. But if you want them there is nothing better than the gutter sniping. I don't understand why more manufactureres aren't using this type of sights. If I can answer any questions send me a PM or email.

#12 ·
If your guns is bouncing all over the place when you walk you need to obtain a proper holster and pants so this wont happen.
I should have clarified a little more. I owned an Aker pocket holster an a FIST pocket holster. Both were very stable holsters. The gun wouldn't shift in my pocket, but the weight did cause it to slap against my thigh if I walked at a brisk pace. But then again, I carry based on the clothes I am wearing while a lot of other people dress around my gun. Which is why something like the Kahr P380 is a much better fit for me.

#13 ·
The NAA Guardian is a copy of a Seecamp, except heavier.
I have a .32 Seecamp and it's a work of art. I hear the .380 is very snappy to shoot, and it smacks your trigger finger with the trigger guard.
Seecamp fans recommend a band-aid before range time.

"Carry often, shoot seldom"

I have to have a magazine with a finger rest floor plate which NAA sells. At the time nothing was available for the Seecamp to allow a good grip. This may be different now
Yes, a finger rest is available for both Seecamps. Polished aluminum, beautiful.

The Seecamp is designed entirely around one round. The silvertips, nothing else is promised to feed properly. Many will say it will feed X bullet just fine, and that maybe,
That's changed somewhat. In the .32 the cartridge must be less than .910". The problem is that ammo manufacturers change the shape of the round from time to time. So the recommended list of ammo occasionally changes. They recommend buying a box, shooting most of it, and keeping the rest to carry.

#14 ·
Since you mentioned the LCP, I'll chime in for the Keltec p3at. Its the "orginal" pocket polymer .380ACP, was out long before Ruger ripped off the design, and its never needed a recall. I bought one years ago, proved it reliable and made the mistake of trading it in. Since I have replaced it with one that has CT laser grips, and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger! Also want to point out the p3at has slightly smaller dimensions than the LCP copycat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.