Defensive Carry banner

Show us your safe queens

7K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  borglyn 
#1 ·
Most of us have those guns that don't get much attention for one reason or another so lets dust them off and share a few photos. I'll start it off, they don't have to be rare or pretty.

Star Firestar M43 9mm circa 1991:
Only 200 rounds through this one, not bad for a 20 year old gun!

S&W Performance Center Comp Carry .44 Magnum:
Under 100 rounds through this, its not really a range gun just something I take out when I'm camping to partner up with the 12 gauge.

See less See more
#31 ·
i would go with an acrylic oil based paint, preferably orange because it would blend easier with the faded paint. what year was your revolver made, its definatley from over 20 years ago based on the firing pin being mounted on the hammer

#34 ·
My safe queen and first post

Im having trouble downloading the images. So i apologize. My safe queen is a Colt Lightning made in 1897 that was my great great grandfathers duty weapon. I want to get the pics uploaded because there are two distinct notches carved into the handle. I am most proud of it for sentimental value but also because it still works in DA. I have heard that this was one of the first revolvers that did double action and that most around wont fire DA due to the primitive mechanism.

I havent, but I do plan to fire it at least once!

Reactions: bmcgilvray
#36 ·
Im having trouble downloading the images. So i apologize.
If you don't know how to use any of the popular Internet Photo sharing websites like Photobucket or Flickr, it is actually possible to attach a photo to a post here.

Just click on the button to post a new thread, instead of replying to an existing message thread like this one. When you post a new thread, you will see an icon for adding attachments to the post. The icon looks like a paperclip over a document. When you do that, you can then select and attach your photo file to your post, and people here will be able to view it online.

Photobucket is also extremely easy to use, as well as being free. You should try to learn how to use at least one of the photo sharing websites. Photobucket has lots of help available on their menus for assisting beginners in using their websites.

Do make an attempt to upload your photos, as the whole purpose of this thread is to share images.

Good luck to you.

#35 ·
Hi BigJon10125;

Your old Colt is intriguing. Hope you get to post a photo or two. Hope you can fire it one of these days.

#37 ·
I ride all my firearms hard.....and put them up wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.