Cleaning RUGER SP101 327 Fed. Magnum

This is a discussion on Cleaning RUGER SP101 327 Fed. Magnum within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being new to this " game", I want to pass along some great advice I got re. cleaning the dark stains off the cylinder of ...

Thread: Cleaning RUGER SP101 327 Fed. Magnum

Cleaning RUGER SP101 327 Fed. Magnum

Being new to this " game", I want to pass along some great advice I got re. cleaning the dark stains off the cylinder of my Ruger after shooting 327 mag., 32 H&R mag. and some S&W 32 longs. I tried all kinds of cleaners and nothing took off the stains completely. After telling this to a gun store owner he told me to " Use vinegar and a toothbrush!" I thought, " You must be kidding!" He wasn't and it worked to perfection! I never would have tried this on my own, and so I pass it on to anyone who has/had the same problem. By the way, has anyone found one brand of ammo to be cleaner than the others in the 327 mag and the 32 H&R mag? Thanks.
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati

2. Remove Ads

Interesting, I will have to try that sometime on my Ruger SP101 .357. I normally use a lead and carbon removing cloth from Birchwood Casey to clean the cylinder face.
    God bless our troops!

Links