Defensive Carry banner

ruger sr9c, black or dual tone

5K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  los 
#1 ·
hey guys so i am new to the forum and the ccw world. i am about to purchase my first handgun
i am pretty set on the SR9c, but i dont know if i should do all black or the dual tone. obviously the all black has its advantages in some situations, but i really like the dual tone. how big of a deal do you guys thing a silver slide is for ccw. i plan on carrying IWB, with wither a psholster or a crossbreed

thanks

#5 ·
Get what you like, you'll have to live with it!

#7 ·
I carry the all black model as my EDC. I just prefer the all black look. As LoadedPipes pointed out, not much tactical advantage when it is carried IWB. If you prefer the two tone go for it. Life is too short to carry an ugly gun. Ugly is in the eye of the carrier.:yup:

#10 ·
Get what you prefer aesthetically. Not a hard question to answer because there will be practically no difference in relation to tactics and deployment of the pistol. I went for black on my SR9c because that's what was in stock.

#12 ·
I have the two tone, but of course when and where I bought mine the all black was not available. While I like the two tone look, I've been thinking about having the slide blacked, and have a friend who can do it for me at little or no cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.