Anyone familiar with the Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm?

This is a discussion on Anyone familiar with the Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a custom 1911 in 45 acp I really like and am giving strong consideration to a 1911 chambered in 9 for cheaper practice, ...

Thread: Anyone familiar with the Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm?

I have a custom 1911 in 45 acp I really like and am giving strong consideration to a 1911 chambered in 9 for cheaper practice, plus I just think 1911's are cool. It could end up being carried as well, not sure right now.

Can anyone comment on the Kimber Pro Carry II? It's one of the few 4" barrels I can find available in 9mm, at least under $1K. I'm open to suggestion as well, I can get pretty much any major brand where I live. Para is another I've considered, but will cost more.

VIP Member
    I have two of the Kimber Pro-Carry HDIIs. One is .45acp, the other is .38Super. Both are good shooters, the Super doesn't get shot as much since ammo is harder to come by, but I am considering a 9mm barrel to accommodate 9x19.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Thumbs up Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm

I have had a Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm, for almost two years. I love it. It is a pleasure to shoot. I have a total of eight 1911's. They are in .22, 9mm, .40, and .45 cal. I like all of them but, I take my Pro Carry 9 to the range every time and get at least a couple of mags down range. I have put in excess of 2000 rounds down range with only two FTFs (both times it was faulty ammo) in the Pro Carry 9mm. I WILL make my next purchase the Kimber Pro Carry II in .45 cal. I feel comfortable enough to carry the 9mm on a daily basis. I think you will be very satisified if you purchase one.

It is currently my IDPA ESP gun. It has been surprizingly dependable!!!!! Very accurate and gets on target quickly. I need to take the extractor out about every 300 rounds and clean the crud out. Other than change the recoil spring every other month (about 800 rounds), it have exceeded my expectations. I am not a Kimber lover but this one appears to be a keeper. It loves W-W white box.
    Slightly more muzzel jump that a full size / full weight 9mm 1911 but the speed to target has made up for that. So far I have been happy with it as a game gun.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Links