Whats wrong with this new Glock?

This is a discussion on Whats wrong with this new Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brand new G22 Gen 4. Im no Glock armorer, but Ive shot Glocks for 10 years and never had this issue. Just took it out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Whats wrong with this new Glock?

Brand new G22 Gen 4. Im no Glock armorer, but Ive shot Glocks for 10 years and never had this issue. Just took it out of the box, have not shot it. Cleaned it good and the slide wont go back far enough to engage. Hitting something solid. Needs about another 1/8 inch to click in. Ive checked everything. Trigger in rearward position etc. Spring, everything! Could it be the fireing pin safety hitting the trigger bar? Got to be something simple. What am I overlooking?

Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    my gen 4 26 did the same thing.

Push the trigger bar back and it should fix it. I had to call Glock to find out.

Gen 4 garbage. instead of being an innovator, Glock is trying to play catch up with the gen 4, making many mistakes along the way. They thought that had it all sewn up with the gen1-3 so they didnt care about consumer and commercial feedback until folks like Springfield and Smith started taking market share... now they rushed to play catchup instead of taking their time and innovating. I doubt I will buy a gen4. I am happy with the gen 3. good luck with that.
    TN_Mike likes this.

If it's a Gen 4, that's what is wrong with it. Swap it for a Gen 3, you'll be much happier.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

you guys are talking out of your arse..

unless you've owned a gen 4 then relax.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    you guys are talking out of your arse..

unless you've owned a gen 4 then relax.
    Owned, feed issues with certain grain 9mm rounds, then jettisoned. Just like the taurus, keltec, and others I have purchased, tested, trained with and didnt feel comfortable with over the years.

Jeeeez, calm down guys. I only asked about the slide issue. I have 2 Gen 3s. The 22 Gen 4 feels MUCH better in my hand. Ill put the rounds through it and report back. That is if I can get the slide back on.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    The trigger bar is getting hung up on the firing pin safety. You have to push the trigger/trigger bar forward before puting the slide back on. Once the gun breaks in some you should be able to assemble it the "normal' way. Glock redesigned the trigger bar. Word is that once all the supply of the old trigger bar is used up, gen 3s will get the same trigger bar.

It's getting hung-up because of that trigger bar bump. Try pulling the slide to the left.
    Brandon shows this problem @ 2:59 in his vid... Glock Gen 4 Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    The trigger bar is getting hung up on the firing pin safety. You have to push the trigger/trigger bar forward before puting the slide back on. Once the gun breaks in some you should be able to assemble it the "normal' way. Glock redesigned the trigger bar. Word is that once all the supply of the old trigger bar is used up, gen 3s will get the same trigger bar.
    this is what I was trying to say. If the OP does this it should be a really simple fix.

Yep, that did it. Thanks everyone. Im headin out to the range to just see if the Gen 4 is crappy as everyone says.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Yep, that did it. Thanks everyone. Im headin out to the range to just see if the Gen 4 is crappy as everyone says.
    Might want to change out your recoil spring while your at it!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I simply dont like the feel of the Gen 4. I hope you get it worked out, but the "quirks" of the new parts etc will make me stick with Gen 3 until I cant buy them anymore.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Might want to change out your recoil spring while your at it!
    It's a .40 cal; therefore, the #3 assembly will have no problems cycling.

I don't have a Gen 4 but heard this was a "fix". Push in firing pin safety, press firing pin forward and with firing pin safety now up out of the way install slide on frame.

This is just another way to keep the trigger bar from hanging up on the firing pin safety, when assembling. I have also heard that in time everything wears in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links