Defensive Carry banner

Trijicon vs TRUGLO Night Sights - Some Impressions

100K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Xader 
#1 · (Edited)
I had an opportunity to compare the Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights (just installed on my Glock 27) with the TRUGLO Tritium/Fiber Optic Sights on my M&P 40; here are some of my impressions.

Low/no-light conditions: both Trijicon and TRUGLO do very well with their green dots and appear to be about the same brightness.

Indoors: Trijicon worked better for me due to their white dots contrasting a shy bit more than the TRUGLO green dots. The white dots also had appeared more crisp. The TRUGLO green dot's brightness/contrast depends on the available ambient indoor light being picked up by its light pipes.

Outdoors: Hands down, the TRUGLO green dots just popped. They were really bright and this is where the light pipes really shine. Trijicon's white dots were more than adequate and were just fine.

Both the Trijicon and TRUGLO night sights were of high quality and definitely an upgrade to the stock sights of the G27 and M&P 40; I highly recommend either one of them, which of course is contingent on your particular needs.

The Glock 27 is my primary concealed carry and due to the nature of my work, the majority of life threatening situations will most likely occur indoors. So for me, I'm favoring the Trijicon over the TRUGLO. For outdoor run & gun events, I definitely favor the TRUGLO.

A note of consideration: the design of the Trijicon rear sight is squared off as opposed to the ramped design of the TRUGLO. Heaven forbid if my left (non-dominant) hand is injured during a firefight, it would be easier to perform a one-handed racking of the slide using the Trijicon rear sight against an edge.

Below: Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights installed on the Glock 27

Below: TRUGLO Tritium/Fiber Optic sights installed on the S&W M&P 40

See less See more
#2 ·
Great pictures. They really show off and compare the two night sights. Very good quality on top of that.

I carry a SIG P238 with Trijicon Night Sights and have no issues seeing them in low light or no light situations. I set it on my nightstand before going to bed and with the lights off it looks like a 3 eyed snake staring at me. If I ever switch to another gun for CC it will definitely have Trijicon Night Sites on it. No question.

#4 ·
I have the truglo on my glock. I figure as a civilian I more than likely won't have much time to use the sights. I have a rail light/laser combo for at home.

The truglo has the tritium in them so they glow all the time, they also are fiber optic so they are super bright in daylight.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

#6 ·
I just ordered some Glow-On Super Phosphorecent paint to fill in the dots on my SA XD40 SC as the sights are getting very hard to see. This was the cheapest way to do anything with them quickly, I need to qualify in May.

#9 ·
The paint wont last very long and it needs to be charged with a light source before the lights go out. I have tried all of the major brands of night sights over the years. For my needs and Type I diabetic eyes the TFO's are the very best I have used. With night sights I always felt it was a trade off. The vials surounded by white tend to really get washed out in bright day light, but glow nice and bright when the lights go off. Then I tried the TFO's, I was simply amazed, and that isn't easy to do. The fiber optic tubes glow so bright in bright day light you would swear there are tiny light bulbs in them. At night they glow very bright and last all night. What has really helped me out is using a yellow rear with a green front. The different colors really help you to acquire the front sight. I am slowly getting them for all my carry guns. The two different color sights can be a little difficult to find for some fire arms.

#10 ·
I like my truglo tfos. I can set the gun next to the bed and see it in pure darkness. I was going to get some meps but decided on the fiber optics for day use. I wish the shop had yellow rears but only had green/green.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

#14 ·
I have TruGlo TFO sights on two of my Glocks and I love them. One has all green the other has yellow rear with green front. I must be different as I prefer the all green, at least in low to no light. The yellow is just too dim. However in bright light both excell!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.