New Compact 1911 - Citadel

This is a discussion on New Compact 1911 - Citadel within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TomInJax Ok, I found a couple minor issues. First issue is that it doesn't like semi-jacketed soft point rounds. I didn't have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Compact 1911 - Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by TomInJax View Post
    Ok, I found a couple minor issues. First issue is that it doesn't like semi-jacketed soft point rounds. I didn't have any problems with the ball ammo, but I had a couple FTF on the initial charge with a full magazine. I will polish the ramp, and that should fix that.
    It may just need another 100 or so rounds of ball through it to fix it right up...
    rhinokrk likes this.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Very nice. Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    LoadedPipes,
    I'm still pretty new to the 1911. What's the specific issue w/ the factory recoil springs? Thanks.
    The stock springs are poor quality and wear out pretty quick around 600-1000 rounds you might start experiencing failure to return to battery issues with the slide coming about 1/8 from closing completely. You can actually see when the springs wear down the slide will move back to position much slower than usual, compact (officer) size 1911's eat up springs more quickly than a government model so its important to have a good spring in there. I go with 22# as that's what the officer 1911 was designed to run on.

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    The stock springs are poor quality and wear out pretty quick around 600-1000 rounds you might start experiencing failure to return to battery issues with the slide coming about 1/8 from closing completely. You can actually see when the springs wear down the slide will move back to position much slower than usual, compact (officer) size 1911's eat up springs more quickly than a government model so its important to have a good spring in there. I go with 22# as that's what the officer 1911 was designed to run on.
    So, what and where do I order new springs? I just tried a search for Citadel with no luck. Then I tried searching Midway for "compact 1911 springs recoil" and found some springs for the Springfield Ultra Compact. Problem is the photo shows 2 springs. I am not sure if the smaller spring is replaceable.
    Tom

"A free people ought... to be armed... "
    George Washington, 1790

NRA Endowment Member, CCRKBA Life Member, JPFO Life Member, GOA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomInJax View Post
    So, what and where do I order new springs? I just tried a search for Citadel with no luck. Then I tried searching Midway for "compact 1911 springs recoil" and found some springs for the Springfield Ultra Compact. Problem is the photo shows 2 springs. I am not sure if the smaller spring is replaceable.
    Wolff Gunsprings - Firearm Springs for Semi-Auto Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, & Shotguns Go here, on the left side of the website it says "Rapid Order" type in 49022 under Stock Number and Qty 1. They throw in the firing pin spring with the recoil spring you can replace that if you want to. With shipping and tax it comes out to $11 I think.

Distinguished Member
    "I wanted another .45 for my collection." Sigh.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Nice pickup......Citadel is made by Armscor of the Phillipines and imported by Legacy Sports using the Citadel rollmark. Citadels are warranted by Armscor & service is provided by Advanced Tactical/Armscor USA, Pahrump, NV. Armscor makes 1911's with different rollmarks for sale such as Armscor, Rock Island Armory, Citadel, Charles Daly, High Standard. They are all good quality guns and great shooters.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links