Defensive Carry banner

New Compact 1911 - Citadel

14K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  pirate 
#1 ·
I just picked this up and haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. I got it on clearance at my local dealer. I wanted another .45 for my collection.
:danceban:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice .45!
What dealer did you find that at on clearance here in Jax?

#5 ·
I bought it on the way out of the range in Yulee: Nassau Range. It was recommended to me by a retired LEO. I am going to try to take off at lunch and out a few through it. Oh, it is lunch time now!
:wave:

#9 ·
Tom,
I live in Yulee! I LOVE our new range, I just don't get there as often as I'd like.

I actually just picked up a RIA 1911 Full Size Government Model last week. It's my first .45, but I see what all of the fuss is about.

I'd like to know what you paid, if you don't mind.

Good shootin'!

#10 ·
Shoots very nicely!

Ok, I found a couple minor issues. First issue is that it doesn't like semi-jacketed soft point rounds. I didn't have any problems with the ball ammo, but I had a couple FTF on the initial charge with a full magazine. I will polish the ramp, and that should fix that.

The other issue is that the sights are the same color as the rest of gun: black. I had trouble seeing the front sight especially. I ordered some yellow and green Tru-Glo tritium/fiber optic replacement sights for it. That should fix my issues.

As you can see, the new sights and some more practice should help my marksmanship with it. Here is the target at 10 yards on a 6 inch and 3 inch "Shoot 'n See":

#16 ·
Ok, I found a couple minor issues. First issue is that it doesn't like semi-jacketed soft point rounds. I didn't have any problems with the ball ammo, but I had a couple FTF on the initial charge with a full magazine. I will polish the ramp, and that should fix that.
It may just need another 100 or so rounds of ball through it to fix it right up...:hand10:

Reactions: rhinokrk
#13 ·
Thanks, but I have done much better. Maybe I am just getting old... :dead:

#15 ·
TomInJax,
Congrats on your new gun! I bought the exact same one about 1 month ago. Have been very pleased w/ it so far. Has handled about 100 rounds so far without any problems except for a single FTF on a handload (200 gr Lead SWC. I know it was really to early to shoot a SWC, but I wanted to see how accurate the load would be as it was actually loaded for a different 1911.:wink:). I'm still trying to warm up to the Parkerized finish. I think some different grips will help improve it's looks. Good luck w/ your newest.

Good little guns the stock recoil spring sucks put a Wolff 22# in there next.

LoadedPipes,
I'm still pretty new to the 1911. What's the specific issue w/ the factory recoil springs? :confused:Thanks.

#18 ·
LoadedPipes,
I'm still pretty new to the 1911. What's the specific issue w/ the factory recoil springs? :confused:Thanks.
The stock springs are poor quality and wear out pretty quick around 600-1000 rounds you might start experiencing failure to return to battery issues with the slide coming about 1/8 from closing completely. You can actually see when the springs wear down the slide will move back to position much slower than usual, compact (officer) size 1911's eat up springs more quickly than a government model so its important to have a good spring in there. I go with 22# as that's what the officer 1911 was designed to run on.

#22 ·
Nice pickup......Citadel is made by Armscor of the Phillipines and imported by Legacy Sports using the Citadel rollmark. Citadels are warranted by Armscor & service is provided by Advanced Tactical/Armscor USA, Pahrump, NV. Armscor makes 1911's with different rollmarks for sale such as Armscor, Rock Island Armory, Citadel, Charles Daly, High Standard. They are all good quality guns and great shooters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.