New Compact 1911 - Citadel

This is a discussion on New Compact 1911 - Citadel within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked this up and haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. I got it on clearance at my local ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Compact 1911 - Citadel

I just picked this up and haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. I got it on clearance at my local dealer. I wanted another .45 for my collection.

Tom

"A free people ought... to be armed... "
    George Washington, 1790

NRA Endowment Member, CCRKBA Life Member, JPFO Life Member, GOA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member

Nice .45!
    What dealer did you find that at on clearance here in Jax?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides" - Thomas Jefferson

Nice buy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Sweet. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by mill419 View Post
    Nice .45!
    What dealer did you find that at on clearance here in Jax?
    I bought it on the way out of the range in Yulee: Nassau Range. It was recommended to me by a retired LEO. I am going to try to take off at lunch and out a few through it. Oh, it is lunch time now!
    Tom

George Washington, 1790

NRA Endowment Member, CCRKBA Life Member, JPFO Life Member, GOA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member

los
    I had the opportunity of holding a new one at the last gun show. I thought it was a very well built compact 1911 and a great value for the price.

CONGRATS on yours.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I think they are made in the same factory as RIA, I know they are made in the same town..

Congrats, I've been thinking about either that or a RIA.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Tom,
    I live in Yulee! I LOVE our new range, I just don't get there as often as I'd like.

I actually just picked up a RIA 1911 Full Size Government Model last week. It's my first .45, but I see what all of the fuss is about.

I'd like to know what you paid, if you don't mind.

Good shootin'!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides" - Thomas Jefferson

Shoots very nicely!

Ok, I found a couple minor issues. First issue is that it doesn't like semi-jacketed soft point rounds. I didn't have any problems with the ball ammo, but I had a couple FTF on the initial charge with a full magazine. I will polish the ramp, and that should fix that.

The other issue is that the sights are the same color as the rest of gun: black. I had trouble seeing the front sight especially. I ordered some yellow and green Tru-Glo tritium/fiber optic replacement sights for it. That should fix my issues.

As you can see, the new sights and some more practice should help my marksmanship with it. Here is the target at 10 yards on a 6 inch and 3 inch "Shoot 'n See":

Tom

George Washington, 1790

los
    Very good groups for having poor target acquisition.

The aftermarket sights should be a major improvement. Polishing the feed ramp is another great idea.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I think they are made in the same factory as RIA, I know they are made in the same town..
    Yep Armscor makes both brands. Good little guns the stock recoil spring sucks put a Wolff 22# in there next.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Very good groups for having poor target acquisition.

The aftermarket sights should be a major improvement. Polishing the feed ramp is another great idea.
    Thanks, but I have done much better. Maybe I am just getting old...
    Tom

George Washington, 1790

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    Yep Armscor makes both brands. Good little guns the stock recoil spring sucks put a Wolff 22# in there next.
    I thought so; thanks for the info. I think they make pretty good stuff in PI...

TomInJax,
    Congrats on your new gun! I bought the exact same one about 1 month ago. Have been very pleased w/ it so far. Has handled about 100 rounds so far without any problems except for a single FTF on a handload (200 gr Lead SWC. I know it was really to early to shoot a SWC, but I wanted to see how accurate the load would be as it was actually loaded for a different 1911.). I'm still trying to warm up to the Parkerized finish. I think some different grips will help improve it's looks. Good luck w/ your newest.

Good little guns the stock recoil spring sucks put a Wolff 22# in there next.

LoadedPipes,
    I'm still pretty new to the 1911. What's the specific issue w/ the factory recoil springs? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links