For you 1911 guys, I need night sight help for a SA loaded

This is a discussion on For you 1911 guys, I need night sight help for a SA loaded within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have decided I want to put some night sights on my SA loaded model that I use as a carry gun. However, I seem ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For you 1911 guys, I need night sight help for a SA loaded

I have decided I want to put some night sights on my SA loaded model that I use as a carry gun. However, I seem to be having trouble finding night sites that will fit. I know a competent gunsmith who can put them on, and I don't feel like sending my pistol off somewhere if I don't need to. But I want to make sure the sights I order will fit on the weapon.

With the plethora of 1911 makers, I don't know which 1911 sights will go on my SA, and which ones will not. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I prefer 3 dot style types of sights.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Front sights .330 x 60

Rear sight standard Novak-cut

Try World's Largest Supplier of Gun Parts, Gunsmith Tools & Shooting Accessories - Brownells

VIP Member
    I sent mine back to SA for the fitting of night sights.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Where you having it done? With buckeye in your name I assume your in Ohio.

I got one of these ordered but heard it could take up to 9 months to get from Springfield to the dealer

My Loaded came from the factory with night sights, just send your gun back to them and they'll fix you up.

Administrator
    When you find the ones you want, let me know. I can probably get them at distributor cost.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Where you having it done? With buckeye in your name I assume your in Ohio.

I got one of these ordered but heard it could take up to 9 months to get from Springfield to the dealer
    A gun shop in SW Ohio. If you are waiting 9 months for the actual pistol, try checking Vance's in Columbus, or Buckeye Outdoors, they are some of the best gun shops I have seen, and usually have just about everything. It is where I bought my SA's at.

When you find the ones you want, let me know. I can probably get them at distributor cost.
    Will do, if Brownell's has them, I have their military discount on my account. I am just trying to figure out which ones to order, but once I figure it out, we can compare notes on prices.

The Glock 36 is getting the Meprolights, but I'm not sure if the 1911 Meps on their will fit my Springfield.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I had a springer light weight loaded model that came with Novak NSs from the factory. I don't know for sure, but I would think they would all take those. I particularly liked these sights for the serrations on the face of the rear and front sight for their glare reducing qualities for shooting during the day.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Administrator
    The military discount is probably pretty darn near cost anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I had a springer light weight loaded model that came with Novak NSs from the factory. I don't know for sure, but I would think they would all take those. I particularly liked these sights for the serrations on the face of the rear and front sight for their glare reducing qualities for shooting during the day.
    I'll see if I can find Novaks anywhere.

I decided e-mailing both Brownells, and Springfield, to ask them what kind of night sights go best on the pistols was a good idea, so, hopefully I will hear back from them soon.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I have decided I want to put some night sights on my SA loaded model that I use as a carry gun. However, I seem to be having trouble finding night sites that will fit. I know a competent gunsmith who can put them on, and I don't feel like sending my pistol off somewhere if I don't need to. But I want to make sure the sights I order will fit on the weapon.

With the plethora of 1911 makers, I don't know which 1911 sights will go on my SA, and which ones will not. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I prefer 3 dot style types of sights.
    Do you have fixed or adjustable sights? IIRC, the adjustable sights use a LPA slide cut. There are a lot fewer options for LPA style sights.

Quote Originally Posted by quietguy View Post
    Do you have fixed or adjustable sights? IIRC, the adjustable sights use a LPA slide cut. There are a lot fewer options for LPA style sights.
    I have fixed sights.

SA said that they can do a swap with their sights for $135, plus shipping and handling.

Brownells suggested a Novak front and rear. Even with the discount from Brownells, SA's custom shop may be cheaper...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post

I thought all the loaded models came with NS's. All three of mine did.

1911 SA Sights

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post

Rear sights.
    Novak at MidwayUSA

Front:
    Gunsmithing - Shop Gunsmithing Tools & Supplies at MidwayUSA
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

In SW Ohio you can also try Vandalia Armory in Vandalia, Ohio. Joe is the guy to call. He can fix you up and install. They will find what you want, order, and install. Mine took a few days to come in and 20 minutes to install. I put a Hi Viz on the front of my Springfield Trophy Match. They use brownells as their primary source.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links